In this position, located in Fort Worth, Texas, you will perform engineering evaluation including defect analysis, nondestructive testing (NDT) methods analysis, and inspection (when inspection is required must have a minimum level II certification). Prepare and revise Technique Data Sheets (TDS) including evaluation of supplier/co-producer TDSs and procedures. Prepare and review engineering specifications. Develop and evaluate new equipment technology. Design and evaluate Inspection Reference Parts (IRPs). Provide technical support to programs, field personnel, and suppliers/co-producers. Participate in development of NDI training course material for level I and II.
Must be able to obtain DOD Secret clearance.
Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to conduct NDI business. May be required to work 1st or 2nd shift occasionally and potential weekend shift based on program needs.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Science
- 2-5 years salaried experience in NDT
- Prior NDE certification to Level III
- Ability to obtain ASNT Level III experience in 3 disciplines within 2 years
- Experience developing NDT Procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word,
- PowerPoint and Excel) and database utilization.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to conduct NDI business.
- Must be a US Citizen or legally authorized to work in US as a permanent resident. This position is located at facility that requires special access.
- ASNT certification in UT & RT
- Industrial Radiographer or trainer card from approved state authority.
- Previous NAS-410 Level III certification in at least 3 NDT methods (PT, MT, UT, RT, or ET).
- Will Consider M.S. degree with prior exposure to NDT or other Test methods development
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.