Does the thought of creating state-of-the-art solutions for the innovative products that directly integrates with Lockheed Martin Skunkworks™ excite you?
Come join the Command and Control (C2) Ground domain within RMS as we revolutionize our ground segment solutions for both The Skunkworks™ and our external Department of Defense customers. If you get excited about the prospect of building premiere ground solutions that support both The Skunkworks ™ and our external customers, then RMS C2 Ground is the place for you to make a difference and grow your career.
- You will be joining the C2 Ground Hardware Team responsible for designing, integrating, and testing hardware products and mobile facilities for complex integrated ground systems supplied to The Skunkworks™ and other customers.
- This Position will be responsible for "cradle to grave" development which includes: requirements development, design, analysis, solid modeling, drawing packages, and manufacturing in support of a large ground system program. This position will work closely with System engineers, Architects, and users to develop modern and effective solutions to our customers' needs.
- The selected candidate will also assist other engineers with defining the future architecture road-map for integrating, testing and deploying future capabilities.
- This position requires interaction, planning and coordination with multiple discipline engineering/maintenance teams for technical issues.
- This position will require strong organizational, written and communication skills.
- This position will require travel (up to 15%) to customer facilities for integration and deployment events with some amount of overtime required during events.
- Experience of supporting and/or working within the Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Programs, other Special Programs divisions internally or externally, and/or Special Access Programs (SAPs) are strongly desired.
Lockheed Martin RMS offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, healthy living incentives including a free on-campus fitness facility, and a work schedule that provides 25 three-day weekends are just a few from the many reasons to join our team here at Lockheed Martin RMS.
- Ability to perform in a technical leadership role and direct a team of supporting engineers to provide technical solutions
- Experience creating system level CAD models and using them to create drawings.
- Experience performing FEA and thermal analysis
- Experience with all aspects of mechanical design, including layout and design documentation.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- ***Current DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.***
- Familiarity with Ansys Icepak software for thermal analysis.
- Familiar with Ansys for FEA simulation and modeling.
- Familiarity with PTC Creo for solid modeling
- Experience with EPDM (Windchill)
- Experience working with suppliers/subcontractors
- Extensive knowledge in structures, thermal products, materials and processes
- Familiarity with Mil Standards, ruggedized design and environmental test requirements
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.