UNIPRES Group produces premium quality parts for the auto industry, with the goal of Total Customer Satisfaction. Our capabilities include stamping, machining and assembly of metal parts for the main portions of automotive body structures; pressing molded components and precision automatic transmission parts; and helping customers create new parts.
Our parent company, UNIPRES Corporation, has supplied Japanese auto and appliance makers for more than 50 years. In 1987 UNIPRES U.S.A., Inc. started its operation in Portland, TN, followed by UNIPRES MEXICANA S.A. DE C.V. in Aguascalientes, Mexico in 1995 and UNIPRES SOUTHEAST USA, INC. in Forest, MS in 2003 and they are serving the North American market from their facility. UNIPRES NORTH AMERICA, INC. was established in Gallatin, TN in 2003. The head office for UNIPRES NORTH AMERICA, INC. is located in Portland, TN.
UNIPRES Group is here to help the automotive industry meet the challenges of today and anticipate the needs of tomorrow. Careful attention to needs and specifications, combined with our own creativity and technology, result in solutions that exceed customer expectations for quality, cost and just-in-time delivery.
The responsibilities of the Quality Engineer include the following: Investigate, analyze and resolve quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible to lead the Press department to meet department / company’s goals towards Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Morale.
- Leader for carrying out continuous improvement activities to achieve targets for Press department’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI*).
- Create and manage labor, expense, and capital budgets.
- Thorough understanding of Unipres Production System (UPS) and realization of the system on the shop floor.
- Good knowledge of press equipment operations and the ability to guide / advise the team on press equipment efficiency improvement.
- Creating systems, standards, and procedures for shop floor operation / training.
- Conduct job observation / audits to ensure shop floor standards are being followed.
- Responsible to calculate monthly and yearly man power / production load.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly status reports of department cost (labor & expense) and KPIs with an activity plan to narrow the gap between unachieved items versus target.
- Promote positive culture and one team mindset between production, engineering, quality, and maintenance.
- Must be able to work extended hours and rotate shifts when required.
- Associate’s degree
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in manufacturing.
- Minimum 3 years production supervisor experience.
- Minimum 3 years press/stamping experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Unipres recognizes the importance of being able to provide our employees and their families with quality benefits as part of their overall compensation package. We have developed a comprehensive benefits package that delivers quality and value while satisfying the diverse needs of our workforce. Benefits offered include:
- Care Here Clinic (on-site healthcare)
- Life/AD&D- basic and voluntary options
- Worksite Benefits including: accident, hospital indemnity, cancer, critical illness
- Paid Time Off
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Production Supervisor: 3 years (Required)
- Press/Stamping: 1 year (Required)