The Project Developer is responsible for guiding a project from inception to production. Prior to production, the Project Developer ensures that all information is complete, understood by the production team, and that all customer and company expectations are clear. From the point of production to completion, the Project Developer will provide support to the Production Manager and the Lead Carpenter in order to ensure customer and company expectations are adhered to during successful completion of every project.
- Projects are developed and contracted according to company’s pre-established targets.
- All information for the project binder is gathered into the designated folder within the project folder on company drive (currently Google Drive)
- Projects completed are in line with company goals
- Qualifying potential projects based on company’s pre-established targets
- Determining what components of the Project Development Process need to be included in our Pre-Construction proposal:
- Define how the elements of Pre-Con proposal will be met and by whom:
- How many hours are needed for each portion of the process?
- Who will do the design work and how extensive will it be?
- Selling Profitable Remodeling Projects
- Accurately Estimating project costs using our estimating protocols
- Writing Scope of Work documents to more clearly communicate intent and accuracy.
- Provide necessary information to Office Manager to Secure Building Permits
- Assist in timely Product Selections with Clients
- Provide all requisite information to Office Manager, so they can complete job packet for Handoff to Production in order to create a seamless transition for everyone
- Support the Weatherization Projects Manager in developing estimates and work scopes for carpentry and construction tasks that are discovered through our energy auditing and weatherization work
- Help in generating qualified Leads
- Work with General Manager and Office Manager on lead tracking spreadsheet
- Participate in proactive marketing
- Participating within and fostering a team mentality to help support the expressed goals of the business.
- Participate with improving SOP’s and Institutional knowledge
- Help develop and follow company File/information Management practices
- Attend weekly Sales Meetings prepared to proactively report on pre-established goals
- Attend and participate at project kick off meetings and walk throughs
- If problems arise during the course of a job due to interpretation of specifications, the Project Developer is responsible for working with the client and production department to iron these out to everyone’s satisfaction while at the same time protecting the company’s brand and profit goals.
- Developing project and sales expertise and skills through attendance at work groups/seminars
- Maintaining working knowledge of new products and industry trends (Examples may include reading industry magazines, attending trade shows, online research, attending trade association meetings…)
- Maintaining a basic knowledge of the cost and health consequences hazardous issues such as lead, asbestos, and radon will have on current and future projects.
- Completing all estimates, scopes of work, designs and accompanying paperwork (known as packaging) necessary for production to perform all duties as written in contract.
- Proficient in various computer software platforms as needed. Including Google Suite.
- Ability to actively Listen, understand and confirm communications
- Advanced knowledge of Residential Construction and a student of Best Practices
- Ability to read construction documents and plans; full grasp of residential general contracting principles
- Professional level writing and communication skills
- Well versed in industry standards, including financial; full understanding of Markup and Gross Profit Margin.
- Design Work- competent in Chief Architect- intermediate user for high end residential remodeling projects
- Ability to create construction documents
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE WOULD POSSESS HIGH LEVELS OF :
- Empathy- Understands the problems of others, willing and able to help, but does not take on problem of prospects.
- Integrity- Measure both in authenticity and ethics of character as well as completeness in all efforts.
- Resiliency- Able to bounce back from challenging experiences: professionally and personally, as needed to maintain job performance and properly represent the company’s desired brand
- Self-Motivation: Ability to find purpose and reason for all position responsibilities and challenges.
- Proven desire for constant self-improvement as well as the improvement of fellow employees
- Attention to personal hygiene & appearance
- High degree of organizational and prioritization skills
- Proven track record of profitable Sales in our industry
- Complete understanding of markup and gross profit margin
- Achieves targeted Gross Profit Margin as well as Total Sales Volume
- Following up on all assigned leads and reporting status on a timely and accurate basis within the company’s tracking system.
- Ability to generate the opportunity for and collect positive Client Testimonials that help differentiate the business and reveal/confirm our brand promise
- Ability to proactively foster Repeat/ Referral Sales Leads
- As a Branding Ambassador of Company
- The Project Developer is expected to work a minimum of 32 - 40 hours per week and work predominantly during the business hours of 8am – 5pm on weekdays.
The compensation is hourly at a rate of $25-45 per hour.
- Simple IRA retirement plan with 3% company match
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $45.00 per hour
Work Location: Multiple Locations