Manufacturing Engineer/CNC Programmer
Lyman Products Corporation is a leader in the exciting and growing shooting sports industry. Our product brands, Pachmayr®, TacStar®, ADTAC®, Trius®, Uni-Dot®, Butch’s , A-Zoom®, Mark 7 Reloading® , and Targ-Dot® are recognized throughout the industry. Our corporate mission is to establish performance excellence in all product lines and be a leader and innovator in our industry.
Lyman Products is currently recruiting for Manufacturing Engineer /CNC Programmer on 1st shift at our Middletown, CT facility.
This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing plans and processes for the new products, and support of current manufacturing products to achieve cost reductions, improved quality and efficient delivery schedules.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Develops manufacturing processes, methods, tool selection and production plans for new and current parts, including complete CNC machine programs.
- Design original creative solutions for tooling and fixturing to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Supervises set-up of CNC machines and instructs other to operate CNC machine.
- Maximize efficiency of equipment,workflow, assembly methods and work force utilization.
- Develop manufacturing processes on CNC machinery (e.g. Citizen Swiss, multi-axis Vertical Machining Centers,Mill/Turn Centers)
- Improve processes and identify opportunities to enhance product quality and increase CNC machining efficiency.
- Work closely with Design and Engineering to evaluate the manufacturability of new products in the research and development stage.
- Performs/participates in design reviews related to manufacturability and cost.
- Interacts with tool suppliers, Recommends purchase of new tooling and /or new technology for the company's applications.
- Incorporate lean manufacturing principles and tools.
· 5+ years of relevant experience in CAD/CAM programming and CNC manufacturing.
· Demonstrated Experience in Solidworks.
· Esprit CAM Software with Solid Modeling.
· Working Knowledge of DNC Server Systems.
· Comprehensive understanding of various machine control systems
· Familiarity and ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and bills of materials
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Working Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts preferred.
The job operates in an Engineering and Manufacturing Environment.
Requires adherence to all safety procedures while on the shop floor
This role routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Days and hours of work week are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Over-time required when needed to make Project Commitments and Milestones.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Other Duties Assigned as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Reporting/ERP: 3 years (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cad/Cam programming: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture