Rahi is looking for an AV Sales Engineer that can be located remote to our Fremont, CA offices. Working in a fast paced, AV-focused team, the AV Sales Engineer will focus on pre-sales efforts by gathering client requirements, designing AV systems, and creating the required documentation to land a sales opportunity. This part of the role will include the creation of Bill of Materials (BOM), assist account managers in walk-throughs, answer technical inquiries, and ensure customer expectations are managed with continuity from initial walk to project sign off. This role is required to know a bit of everything and be able to have a complete understanding of how Audio / Video / Control systems will operate once implemented.
The AV Sales Engineer will be involved in a variety of tasks that require interaction with Rahi customers during the pre-sales phase and our AV technicians, project engineers and project managers during the post-sales phase. The candidate will need proven experience with AV design, project management to support completion of the many tasks involved in pre-sales efforts, and strong verbal and written communication skills. They will be required to manage their workloads and prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
Additionally, this role will be responsible for approving documentation generated by post-sales engineering for projects sold. This means a strong understanding of schematic designs and architectural documentation is a must.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales Engineer Role:
- Gather requirements and needs from client together with assigned Account Manager
- Develop Bill of Materials and Project Details on A/V Projects
- Estimate labor for post-sales Engineering Efforts and collaborate with Project Management and Service Delivery Managers to generate Installation labor estimates
- Support creation of Statements of Work together with the assigned Account Manager
- Work with Engineering team to develop shop drawings and other deliverables
- Work with Engineering and Sales engineering to stay up to date with the latest solutions.
- Serve as Engineering escalation via phone and onsite support of project engineers.
- Attends Client meetings during pre-sales
- Ability to think and work independently
- Impeccable wiring and termination skills as well as proper installation techniques of all AV equipment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience in reading/understanding architectural, electrical, structural & AV systems drawings
- 5+ years of installing audio visual systems
- Experience with event-style AV designs and installations
- Flexibility to work outside the job description as needed
- Analytical and problem-solving/troubleshooting
- General working knowledge of computers and networking
- Proficiency using either Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Self-starter with keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Must have valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- BS/AS Degree in Engineering or Radio/Television/Film field
- Work experience may substitute for education requirements
- 2+ Years AV Design/Engineering Experience
- 3+ Years AV Field Experience
Preferred Technical Experience:
- CTS and/or CTS-I / CTS-D, NSCA, or Cedia equivalent
- Additional Certifications or formal training by manufacturer or product a plus. (Crestron, Extron, QSC, BiAmp, Cisco Unified Communications, Polycom Etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations