The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development pertaining to company's product lines. Engage, lead and mentor other team members and help define the product objective directly with the product owner and technical lead to ensure the continuous development of quality products.
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Focus is on, but not limited to the following:
- Takes ownership of the product line lifecycle for each product assigned from end to end. Must have "will get it done" work ethic. Never "why we can't", always "how can we"
- Comfortable working closely with a team of developers, artists, designers and producers as well as alone on specific tasks
- Able to put team first and product first but speak up when a better path is available
- High level of comfort sharing a code base with a team as well as working within code constructs created by other developers
- Work confidently in Unity C# to build games at a level that meets or exceeds industry standards for both user experience and regulatory compliance
- Attention to detail and visual acuity associated with final polish stage of video game development
- Comfort with basic IT networking and security protocols
- Able to work with product team to help define product specifications, milestones, and implementation goals
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall project management environments
- Participate in regular status meetings with all necessary stakeholders
- Develops, maintains, and produces all necessary technical documentation for each product task assigned for both internal and regulatory purposes
- Communicate product status, and key issues to key constituents across the organization including managers, technical lead, Artists, QA, and others
- Manages existing products on an ongoing basis, including product line extensions and enhancements, prioritization, and technical white papers
- Self-starter, self-sufficient, and self-reliant to accomplish required tasks
- Accountable to deliver quality products consistently and on time
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Solid foundation in C#and or Unity development tools
- Solid foundation in C++ (C++ 11 and C++ 14 constructs) and programming data structures in a Microsoft environment a plus
- Math Sciences, statistics, probability understanding
- Minimum of 7 years' professional casino gaming industry experience as a C++ or Unity C-developer
- Excellent communication management and organization skills, flexibility and the proven ability to build high quality products
- Self-motivated, team-oriented * Strong debugging and analytic skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Strong visual design sense. Understanding of UI and "pixel perfect" products.
- Casino game development experience, with a basic understanding of regulatory compliance.
- A plus for candidates with experience in social gaming and/ or online based gaming.
- Thorough understanding of start to finish game development process.
- Appreciation of game play and game theory.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 7 years (Required)
- Casino Gaming: 5 years (Preferred)