Hazelwood Construction Services is seeking Laborers to join a hard-working and safety-conscious team on a project in Powell River beginning on October 25, 2021, and lasting until March 2022. *We are looking to hire local candidates who live in the Powell River area.
Laborers will be required to perform tasks involving physical and will be required to operate a variety of hand and power tools. Responsibilities will include the cleaning and preparation of the work-site, cleaning up rubble and debris, and removal of waste materials. Must be capable of operating a variety of equipment, which may include: jackhammers, pavement breakers, concrete mixers, earth compactors, boring machines, and mechanical hoists.
- $30 per hour, plus benefits and pension plan.
- 1 to 2 years of prior experience as a Laborer.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR preferred.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
Benefits of Employment – Why work at Hazelwood Construction Services?*
- Access to a comprehensive benefits plan through IUOE, Local 115, which includes extended health & dental, vision care, disability, and pension plan.
- Hazelwood Construction is a well-organized company with the resources to complete jobs with proper equipment and personnel in place.
- We have a supportive, family-oriented core group of staff that are great to work with and very proud of the work we do.
We welcome applications from individuals who meet the above criteria and who are interested in a career with Hazelwood Construction Services.
Union rates apply and all benefits are provided through the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 115.
Please see our website for more information about Hazelwood www.hazelwoodconstruction.com
Since 1993, Hazelwood Construction has built a solid reputation for market excellence, drawing on a foundation of quality work, stability and innovative approaches to challenging projects.
Our company is founded on the principles of dedication, teamwork, and commitment to quality construction. After more than 20 years, Hazelwood Construction continues to maintain stable growth, while steadily diversifying the company’s project portfolio. No job is too challenging and innovation is the key to our success.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 per hour
Work Location: Multiple Locations