Intermediate Instructional Designer & Developer
C4i Training & Technology is looking for an Intermediate Instructional Designer & Developer for a portfolio of eLearning client solutions. The candidate will contribute to the design and development of relevant and meaningful training programs under the leadership of a Senior Instructional Designer & Developer. In your work, you will collaborate with other Instructional Designers, Subject Matter Experts, Developers, and Artists. The candidate must also be able to obtain Secret security clearance. Only residents of Canada will be considered.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Must not have any restrictions that would prevent the granting of a Secret security clearance (https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/esc-src/personnel/information-eng.html#a2.2.1).
Currently remote due to COVID-19.
· Developing storyboards for procedural based, responsive eLearning courses
o Complete gap analysis on provided outlines and provided system user manuals
o Lead kick off meetings with clients
o Completing needs assessments on heavy technical and procedural based manuals to develop eLearning storyboards
o Completing storyboards and working with Senior Instructional Designer & Developer and subject matter experts to ensure accuracy
§ Apply feedback from reviewers.
o Working with the Graphic Artists/eLearning Developers to help build templates and prototypes
o Lead Graphic Designers and eLearning Developers through bringing your storyboards to life using Adobe Captivate.
· Testing/revising to deliver fine-tuned, reliable courseware for delivery to the Clients
o Complete Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control on all learning packages.
o Ensure all learning packages meet the desired standard and match the appropriate template.
· Keeping up to date with technological advances and current research in learning technologies
· Advising on the abilities and limitations of some applications
· 3-5 years of experience in Learning and Development with specific focus on Word based storyboard development
· Experience with developing eLearning programs utilizing heavily technical material as sources
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Certification in adult education or eLearning (ex. CTDP) is an asset
· Have experience in instructional design, technical writing, copywriting or similar
· Proven experience using Adobe Captivate or similar eLearning and creative software
· University degree
· Military experience
· Training development with NATO affiliated Military
· Knowledge of Agile processes and principles
C4i Training & Technology is a training services and a software innovation company that specializes in military constructive simulations, collaboration and planning software and eLearning solutions. We have an informal and flexible work culture that is centered on collaboration and teamwork. We offer competitive remuneration, Health and Dental Benefits, a casual dress-code and company-sponsored events.
Job Type: Full-time