This position is responsible for the creation, revision, and maintenance of manufacturing processes. This includes all production shop processes and production control/order processes. Will help monitor capacity and capability within the shop.
Steffes Core Values
We promote growth and long-term success by making wise decisions with trust as an essential component.
We unleash creative talents of our diverse workforce by treating each other the way we would like to be treated.
We believe people achieve much more by working together.
We follow through and keep our word while being open, honest, ethical, and fair.
We view our co-workers as family members of our business and strive to ensure safety for all.
We recognize and appreciate strengths and contributions beyond one’s self. We are modest, genuine, and authentic.
1. Create and maintain manufacturing process definitions using SAP’s (Standard Assembly Procedures), SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), and BOP’s (Basic Operating Procedures).
2. Participate in LEAN events such as Kaizens, value Stream mapping, 5S, and VAVE. Gather information, complete action items, and follow-up on items.
3. Complete NCR’s (Non-conformance requests).
4. Complete ECR/ECN’s (Engineering Change Request/Engineering Change Notice).
5. Leads productivity improvement projects. Will implement training and activities and champion completion of projects in a timely manner.
6. Complete plant layouts of equipment, flow, storage, and exterior items.
7. Completes time and motion analysis studies.
8. Works in the production shop to learn the processes and come up with recommendations for improvement.
9. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in collaborative manner with customers, suppliers, co-workers, and management.
10. Helps company meet its Strategic, Quality and Safety objectives.
11. Other duties may be assigned.
Customer Service - Demonstrate excellent customer service and display a positive attitude and behavior consistent with the Steffes Code of Conduct and Core Values.
Quality - Actively support and participate in Quality Improvement.
- Take immediate action in unsafe situations.
- Adhere to all safety standards; thus, promoting safe practices to ensure a safe environment.
Conduct - Demonstrate and support the Steffes Code of Conduct.
Policies and Procedures - Demonstrate and support Steffes Policies and Procedures by:
- Using tact, sound judgement, and maintaining a professional attitude in communication and relationships with others.
- Striving to deliver the best quality in daily work.
- Promoting a positive image of Steffes and its products.
- Being timely and punctual in attendance and following all policies and procedures.
- 2+ years of engineering courses
- OR -
- An acceptable combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands of Position
- This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a significant degree.
- Must have the ability to lift 70 pounds from floor to waist, carry 50 pounds, and push and/or pull up to 100 pounds.
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and/or stairs.
- Stooping, crouching, kneeling and bending.
- Handling, feeling, and gripping would be required for some activities.
- Visual acuity is required to inspect work completed.
- This role may be subject to internal and external environmental conditions.