Palmer Hamilton, the industry leader in innovative mobile furniture solutions is experiencing rapid growth and currently seeking an innovative Product Development Engineer in our Elkhorn, WI facility. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive insurance plans, generous time off and flexible schedules. We are seeking quality minded, results driven individuals to join our engineering team!
The Product Development Engineer develops new products and improves existing product designs according to profitability and customer specifications. Must be an innovative, creative leader in all phases of design; from preliminary conceptual design development to prototyping to successful production release. Requires strong knowledge of metal fabrication, leadership and project management skills.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP OR RELOCATION.
- In depth understanding of metal fabrication design and manufacturing processes (sheet metal bent tube, forming, punching, cutting, welding, assembly, and paint.)
- Strong attention to detail and in depth understanding of design feasibility.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with outside vendors and contractors as needed.
- Must be able to develop strong working relationships with other departments and be willing to work directly with production for understanding of processes and manufacturing feasibility.
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to understand and develop large scale multi-assembly products.
- BSME Degree 5+ year’s related experience or AS Mechanical Design 15+ years related experience (Furniture background a plus)
- Excellent communication skills, team player and ability to multi-task required.
- Inventor software experience preferred. 3-D CAD modeling experience required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft Project etc.).
Job Type: Full-time