The Project Engineer (PE) is responsible for assisting Project Manager with
estimating and managing projects to maximize the safety, quality and profits for
Hourly Position, 40-45 hours per week. Overtime may be required as approved
by the project manager. It is expected that Project Engineers and Project
Managers will be available for duties Monday through Friday, a minimum from
7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with a one hour lunch, commonly between 11:30 a.m. and
· Assist Project Manager in day to day duties.
· Prepare and review productions weekly with Project Superintendents and
· Comply with all company policies and procedures.
· Assist business office in preparation of bond, insurance certificates, and
other special contract requirements.
· Be aware of bid results for assigned projects in order to evaluate
competitiveness of estimate.
· Assist project superintendent and project manager establishing budget
cost codes to be used on assigned projects. Assist PM input of “target”
budget into Vista including appropriate hours, dollars and units. Budgets
must be approved by COO prior to entering into Vista.
· Set up all project information in Vista project management software.
Assist in preparation of product information, samples, and shop drawings
per general contractor’s schedule
· Secure quotes for other subcontractors. Be sure subcontracts are written
and agreed to, as well as reviewed and approved by WPI contracts
· Assist PM with review contract language, scope of work and special
provisions in the contract. Ensure project superintendent is aware of these
· Assist PM with pricing change requests from the general contractor and
updating budgets in a timely manner. Ensure all cost changes have been
reviewed with project superintendent.
· Participate in pre-job meetings.
· Assist PM with monthly review of the financial position of the project with
the project superintendent to make sure the job is on track. If problems
appear, immediately notify supervisor and regional general
· Provide all job packet information to project superintendent prior to starting
· Set up standard pricing in electronic PO system.
· Do not let outstanding change order requests exceed 5% of the current
· Ensure that field is kept up-to-date on all project correspondence.
· Be creative in developing new systems, forms, or ideas to make our work
Review all equipment and scaffold rentals with project superintendent and
approve for payment.
· Review weekly job cost reports with project superintendent.
· Participate in post-job meeting.
· Participate in the preparation of monthly project financial projections and
review critical areas with project superintendent, general superintendent,
and upper management as needed.
· Assist in the preparation of monthly project financial projections for
accounting – for standalone projects.
· Read the specifications prior to bidding a job, or clarify in the scope letter
that there is no specification available or don’t bid the work.
· Use Scope Letter Template as starting point and checklist for all bids. Do
not use a modified scope letter to initiate a bid.
· Review all estimates and scope letters with at least one other person prior
· Record all discussions and agreements with contractors that affect the
· Upon securing the work, review the scope and any unclear agreements
with the contractor.
· The estimator is to produce a preliminary budget with input from the
project manager as to phase codes.
· Take Off to be done using OST software
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $41,600.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place