Join an entrepreneurial team of dedicated engineering and technical services consultants that work to improve and strengthen America’s energy infrastructure. At LSC, we are committed to safeguarding the well-being of people and the environment without compromise in a fast-paced, high energy environment. LSC supports client projects ranging from pipeline construction to plant design, allowing our teams to gain a breadth of in-depth experience while making a positive impact in the exciting energy market. We want you to join our team and make an impact!
LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING is currently growing at a fast pace and as part of that growth, we are seeking to fill an entry level position as a Pipeline Engineer I at our office in Duluth, MN. We will consider December 2019 and May 2020 graduates.
The Pipeline Engineer I is an entry level engineer who will work under close supervision. This individual will receive training in the various phases of engineering work, while also learning procedures, specifications, industry terms, standards and work practices. Projects may involve estimating, contracting, design, and construction support for projects involving pipelines and related facilities.
- Organize and reduce data gathered, prepare charts and tables.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Read and interpret codes, specifications, and engineering standards.
- Learn industry practices and engineering calculations.
- Completes assignments using engineering principles and techniques.
- Assist in the preparation of drawings, plans, and design reports.
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable engineering field, from an accredited university.
- EIT preferred.
- A completed internship or co-op in an engineering related field preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time for construction and operational field support.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Oil and gas industry experience a plus.
Competitive Salary and Benefits including:
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation. Routinely use standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, and filing cabinets. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
- Frequently sitting or standing for long periods.
- Ability to work long hours and possible overtime when projects demand.
- Occasional lifting in up to 50lbs.
- Exposure to weather including hot and cold climates.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K/Profit Sharing (6% company match)
- Company paid life, AD&D, and short/long term disability
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays (twelve per year)
WHY WORK FOR LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING?
Our Growth is Your Opportunity:
We are growing across all levels and functions and expanding our regional offices. This creates opportunity for our current employees to gain new skills and take advantage of promotional opportunities. We have opportunities for all levels of people from recent graduates and professionals to technicians, empowering you to grow personally and professionally. Whether you are a technician or an engineer, whatever your career aspirations, you will see the opportunity in front of you at LSC.
Make an immediate impact:
New employees can expect to be given responsibility and are expected to bring new ideas to the table almost immediately. Your ideas and contributions will be listened to, welcomed and appreciated!
Work with industry leaders:
We are in the consulting business. Therefore, it is our knowledge that is “sold” to our clients. That said, we hire only the best. Our employees work alongside many subject matter experts and have the opportunity to learn and grow their own knowledge base by working alongside other high achievers.
Gain diverse well-rounded experiences:
Our engineering teams have the ability to work on diverse projects that are never the same. This means continuous learning and development of skills and increased knowledge base.
Promotion from within:
A culture that values our employees’ contributions and awards those who step up through promotional opportunities. Many of our employees have been able to assume leadership roles early in their careers through demonstrated hard work and dedication. Molding your own career path is a common theme amongst our team members.
We have a culture that supports playing to our peoples’ strengths and empowering them to make decisions. Our leadership values an entrepreneurial approach to achieving success, solving problems and supporting our clients.