Created in 1937 with a long-standing history in Northeastern Colorado, Northern Water is growing to meet future water demands. Future projects include new storage reservoirs and associated infrastructure and expanding Northern Water's facilities both in Berthoud and on the West Slope. Join a dedicated team that will help shape and provide a legacy throughout the region for years to come.
Northern Water is looking for a project manager who will be responsible for project management services related to design and construction of new and remodeled office and shop building complexes, water storage and conveyance facilities, and other associated facilities on Northern Water properties in coordination with other departments and agencies.
Northern Water provides:
- Great Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, ADD, Short and Long term disability, Tuition Assistance, FSA, etc..
- PTO and eleven and a half paid holidays
- Retirement contribution (5%) and match (3%)
With an inviting culture and long-standing history, Northern Water is committed to hiring and retaining the best employees to join its growing organization headquartered in beautiful Berthoud, Colo. There are few jobs at Northern Water; there are many careers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represents and provides project management services for Northern Water’s Campus Development projects at both its Berthoud headquarters and on the West Slope located near Granby, Colorado.
- Coordinates with and manages architects on all aspects of schematic design, design development, interior design, construction documents, permit review and construction oversight.
- Reviews plans and specifications for constructability, sustainability and efficiency; suggest modifications to designs and processes as necessary.
- Manages the construction contractor procurement phase which may include utilization of construction manager/general contractor (CMGC) processes.
- Manages, tracks and analyzes project progress including schedules, budgets, and scope controls using project scheduling software.
- Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure compliance with construction documents and quality assurance.
- Processes contractor change orders and pay applications.
- Develops and implements best practices for construction document control.
- Summarizes and presents progress reports to management and the Northern Water Board of Directors.
- Coordinates associated permitting activities with local and state agencies as necessary.
- Manages the services of other outside architects, engineers, construction managers and other services that may be necessary for completion of the project.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide project management and engineering assistance on other Northern Water projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or other closely related field.
- Ten years of experience in the management and oversight of design and construction activities for commercial and industrial building complexes. Experience may include utility, governmental, educational, medical or other campus development projects.
- Experience in water related construction projects including concrete hydraulic structures, pipelines, pump stations and canals is desirable but not required.
License, Certificate, and Credential Requirements
- Colorado Professional Engineering License, Certified Project Manager.
- Certified Architect desired but not required.
- LEED AP or LEED Green Associate highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Advanced knowledge in the following areas:
- Construction management principles and the management of construction projects, including site development and vertical construction.
- CMGC method of construction development.
- Development, implementation, monitoring and enforcement of professional services and construction contracts.
- Applicable building codes and best management practices.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relation skills.
- Various office productivity software packages (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Project management /critical path software and applications (Microsoft Project, ProCore, etc.)
- Read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications, site and engineering drawings and specifications, commercial mechanical and electrical drawings and specifications.
- Coordinate, interface and positively communicate with a variety of parties to ensure the successful procurement, execution and delivery of projects.
- Walking and climbing stairs daily.
- Sustained operation of keyboard devices.
- Prolonged sitting, standing, and walking in performance of daily activities.
- Use safety devices/equipment including but not limited to hard hats, glasses, dust masks, belts, steel-toed shoes, hearing protection, and fall harnesses. Observe all safety policies, clearance rules and regulations (lock-out/tag-out procedures).
- Stand and balance on concrete, blacktop, catwalks, uneven surfaces, scaffolding platforms, steep slopes, etc.
- Climb ladders while carrying tools and equipment to inspect work.
- Enter confined spaces using proper safety procedures.
- Work in or around buildings, shops, warehouses, reservoirs, pumping plants, canals, and other water infrastructure that are accessed on improved or unimproved roads in a variety of weather conditions such as temperatures greater than 100 degrees F and/or temperatures less than 0 degrees F.
- Work in environments that may contain various types of dust, pollens and may subject to loud noises.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of a post job offer physical examination.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a personal appearance appropriate for job position and image of Northern Water.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee.
Northern Water is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- water related construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- construction management: 10 years (Required)
- Professional Engineerinig (Preferred)
- LEED AP OR LEED GREEN ASSOCIATE (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)