The Kiely Family of Companies is a turnkey provider of engineering, procurement, project management, and construction services for the natural gas, petroleum, and water resources industries. The Kiely Family of Companies performs work for publicly traded utility companies, energy companies, municipalities and private entities in multiple locations throughout the Northeast. J.F. Kiely Construction Co. and Kiely Pipeline Integrity are part of the Kiely Family of Companies who concentrate on design-build and construction services in the oil & gas sector.
The Kiely Family of Companies is looking for a Junior Project Engineer who will be responsible for providing engineering services to water, natural gas, petroleum, and other pipeline utilities. The successful candidate will have a bachelors degree in the engineering field, preferably with a civil land development discipline.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
- Provide engineering services to the water, natural gas, petroleum and other pipeline utilities.
- Project design preparation in accordance with Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3d and CADWorx capabilities to complete project drawing requirements.
- Assist in the development of project scopes, designs, material specification and selection, construction specifications and cost estimates
- Assist in the field at project sites for construction inspection, material testing, site survey, project meetings.
- Ensure the application of relevant Health, Safety, Security and Environmental policies on all project activities. Promote a strong safety culture on project and functional teams, and work undertaken by contractors and suppliers
- Assist Project Managers / Engineers as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field, preferably with a civil land development discipline
- Intentions of acquiring a FE/PE license or PMP certification
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Ability to work independently advancing from working with assistance to working with minimal supervision and limited job definition
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment on making technical decisions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong oral/written communication skills and personal computer skills
- Scheduling skills utilizing MS Project software.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Product software.
This job operates in a professional office environment with travel and work at field project sites. Federal background check is needed to acquire Transportation Workers Identification Cards (TWIC) for access to client sites. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines and field measuring equipment for site survey. Work in hazardous locations and working around construction equipment and excavations will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salary position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
There may be overnight and local travel for this position as required.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree, with zero to three (0-3) years’ experience in a related engineering field
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible