Terma North America (TNA), the US subsidiary of Denmark based Terma A/S, is searching for a highly qualified Service Engineer to join our team of exceptionally dedicated professionals in an exciting and rewarding fast paced highly successful company. Leveraging the outstanding Terma reputation and our strong relationship with the US DoD, Homeland Security and large Prime Contractors for more than three decades, Terma has developed a significant presence in the U.S. as provider of mission critical solutions for aerospace, defense, security, and energy sectors. We are known as an independent, agile, and fast responding partner for mission customized solutions. For further information, please visit www.terma.com.
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Service Engineer will work closely with Terma’s Surveillance & Mission Systems team here in the US, as well as in Denmark. Therefore, he/she must possess the interest, aptitude and communication skills to work in a cross-cultural environment while developing excellent working relationships both within the Terma team and with our external customers.
The Service Engineer will install, service, and repair radars, computers, and electronic equipment on board ships and land systems. The Service Engineer will test, adjust, and troubleshoot radar components, PCBs, sub-assemblies, and antennas. He/she will load, update, and modify software. The Service Engineer will use their knowledge of electronic theory and circuitry to address a variety of technical problems. He/she will make intelligent use of complex schematics, blueprints, and manuals to accurately achieve assignments. Upon completing the assignment, the technician will compose a detailed service report.
Essential Job Tasks and Duties:
- Trains Radar Technicians
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and supports preventative maintenance activities on land radar sites and naval vessels radars.
- Maintains and troubleshoots radar systems using standard practices common in the RF industry.
- Identify antenna maintenance requirements, perform power measurements and maintains site configuration data using computer software and site analysis tools.
- Maintains radar site records, inventory records, service reports, closeout documentation etc.
- Assists with new product development, testing, and implementation on land and naval platforms.
- Provides on-site field support to Radar Technicians for all facets of new radar site construction or enhancements.
- Maintains customer relationships, answers technical inquiries, and advises customers on the current status of their equipment, potential solutions to any technical issues they may have, or consultation on future upgrades.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associates degree (or comparable) in Electronic Engineering or Electronics Technology or a related Electronics field
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be fully computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Windows OS’s (and Linux OS’s if possible) and general computer applications
- Must have a strong knowledge of electronics theory
- Detail oriented and a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to adapt to diverse cultural communication styles
- Must be able to communicate project related topics with Customers, customer representatives, and Terma subcontractors in a clear and professional manner
- Must be able to efficiently work unsupervised within 30 days of receiving Terma SMS Product Training
- Must be willing to stay current with Terma SMS products by self-study using available Terma SMS product documentation
- Must be able to work on board vessels/ships underway
- Must be able to maneuver up to 150 lbs. and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to operate heaving lines and Capstan winches
- Must wear Fall Protection Equipment (FPE) and Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) where required
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to work from and climb ladders
- Must be able to work from and climb guyed or free-standing towers (up to 100 Meters)
- Must have or obtain within 45 days Tower certification for “Authorized or Competent Climber/Rescuer”
- Willingness to travel: 75% CONUS and OCONUS.
- U.S. citizenship with ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DOD) Security Clearance
US Government Issued Licenses/Identification:
- Candidate must have or obtain within 6 months an FCC General Radiotelephone operator license (GROL) with a Radar endorsement
- Candidate must have or obtain within 30 days a valid USA passport valid for 1 or more years and not be subject to any personal travel restrictions imposed by TSA or any other US government agency
- Candidate must have or obtain within 60 days a Transportation Worker Identity Card (TWIC)
- Candidate must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions that would prevent driving a rental car out of country or night-time vehicle operation
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Four (4) years of proven experience in Radar and/or telecommunications equipment installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair. Specific experience with X-Band radars for Vessel Traffic Service, Naval Surveillance and/or Airport Surface Movement applications
- Experience with Maritime NMEA Talker device interfacing desired
- Tower industry experience and/or tower climber safety training
- Experience in logistics support of radar systems such as providing spare parts, upgrades and technical/call center support
- Military/RF experience (i.e. Satellite, Microwave, or Radar technician)
- Experience with RF testing equipment and/or electronic communication
- Familiar with computer networking, loading software and firmware, Telnet
Terma North America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of applicants or employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule