Plascore is an established global manufacturer of honeycomb core, composite structures, and cleanrooms. Plascore's light weight, industrial strength, honeycomb technology is utilized for a multitude of applications within the aerospace, automotive, rail, and marine industries. Plascore is an employee driven organization, fueled by professional teams with dedicated years of service to manufacturing
Plascore has an opening for a Quality Engineer who can plan and direct activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality standards for manufacturing processes, materials and products.
- Review customer specific requirements. Support/perform conformance to customer specifications (PPAP, 1st article, data sheets, etc.)
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Assist with planning, organizing and managing the overall activities of receiving/outgoing quality functions.
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures.
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Responsible for non-conforming material, tracking and reporting on rejection of material.
- Develop training to build quality awareness.
- Assist as necessary with gage calibrations, conformance testing, special testing, die and fixture approvals
The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical field and proven experience and proficiency with the following skills:
- 3 - 5 years progressive manufacturing experience
- Must be able to work well independently and be self-directed
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good math and analytical skills
- Must be eligible to work on programs subject to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations). Therefore, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident ('Green Card')
Interested candidates with varying technical qualifications and experience will be considered.
Plascore offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. For more information about our company, please visit our web site at www.plascore.com. We are an EEO employer dedicated to workforce diversity.
Location: 615 N. Fairview PO Box 170, Zeeland, MI 49464
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location