Powersmiths is a member of the Socomec SAS corporate family of companies, a global organization with nearly a century of success in providing innovative solutions within the energy industry.
Powersmiths provides a wide variety of integrated energy and environmental solutions including products for integrated energy distribution, electricity meters, automated meter monitoring and building information solutions and with Socomec SAS, integrated energy storage and UPS solutions. Our products are designed for a wide range of applications in the building renewal market space, data centers, power management, critical power, and building information systems markets.
Powersmiths’ team of highly skilled professionals has been serving the market for over 20 years. Our customers are located across the USA and in Canada. Powersmiths is committed to designing and manufacturing innovative products that serve the growing market in environmental sustainability, clean tech, and energy conservation.
About This Role
Powersmiths’ Sustainable Building Systems products and services centralize simple access to building sensing, metering and equipment data, and provide valuable information to stakeholders to manage their operation and energy resources more efficiently.
Powersmiths’ advanced products and cloud based platform help track, collect, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of building data reporting, provide better insight into the performance of sustainability initiatives, subsystem commissioning programs, tenant billing accuracy and more, while reducing unnecessary infrastructure costs.
This role is a key liaison between Powersmiths’ sales team, suppliers, customers, and contractors and is a key resource in managing projects to successful completion. It is involved in energy analysis and reporting for large buildings. The role is also involved in product development.
Powersmiths is a fast-growing solutions provider. This position offers the opportunity to join a leading edge, innovative and customer-centric team.
1) Project Management
- Coordinate the overall planning, execution and delivery of projects
- Assist in preparing and updating project related documents and drawings
- Prepare and provide web-based product demos
- Schedule, track and update project status; provide updates to stakeholders including customers
- Coordinate and direct installation contractors; visit project sites and help ensure correct installation of products
- Assist in product configuration and setup
- Provide technical information to field service technicians
- Coordinate service contract renewals
2) Application Engineering and Support
- Perform energy analysis; prepare energy and performance modelling or measurement and verification (M&V) reports for various buildings, in Canada or the USA
- Prepare project based energy consumption and demand savings information associated with energy conservation measures for buildings
- Perform project cost savings calculations
- Prepare and update measurement and verification reports and charts
- Assist in market and product research; assist with product development tasks
- Assist with technical information request and sales proposals
- Create electrical design schematics
- Prepare documentation of procedures and training documents
- Prepare bills of material
- Maintain and update meter software; calibrate meters for use by field technicians
- Configure and trouble-shoot any issues related to hardware/software
- Attend conferences and provide demos in collaboration with the sales team
- Provide training to field service technicians and other
- Essential Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- University degree or college diploma in Building Science, Energy Management or Engineering
- 3+ years of experience related to building systems engineering including project management
- Strong technical knowledge in building systems, including HVAC, heat pumps, combined heat and power (CHP), building automation systems, lighting, motors, speed drives, boilers, etc.
- Understanding of the LEED/NetZero green building market space
- Understanding of industrial equipment such as electrical metering equipment, data acquisition devices, industrial communication protocols
- Strong project management skills with keen attention to detail
- Comfort using building information, reporting, and analytic tools, including measurement and verification
- Successful experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Able to create and document processes and procedures
- Familiarity with and ability to use energy modeling software
- Able to use MS Office software and project management software
- Must be highly focused and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must possess and maintain an unrestricted valid driver’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without any company sponsorship
- Must reside in the Greater Toronto Area. No relocation assistance will be provided.
- Must be available for possible business travel to locations in Canada, USA and Europe; must possess and maintain a valid passport for international travel.
- Position is salaried
- Powersmiths provides a competitive group benefits packageContinue to advance your career in an environment that promotes customer-centric innovation, the pursuit of excellence and embraces diversity and respect, all while making a valuable contribution towards clean tech, energy conservation, and environmental sustainability.
Learn more at www.powersmiths.com
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this job, please upload your resumé and a detailed cover letter.
Upon request, we will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We thank all those who apply. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- sustainable building systems engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Greater Toronto Area, ON (Required)
- driver's licence (Required)