We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor and are actively looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding this position as well as to answer any questions you might have regarding the company.
The successful candidate will be a well-rounded maintenance person with a background in HVAC, plumbing, general maintenance, and upkeep. This candidate must be sharp, energetic, and detailed oriented with a distinctly hands-on management style. The successful candidate will have prior experience in a hotel/resort environment.
Principle duties are as follows:
- Produce accurate logs, charts, and preventative maintenance forms for all HVAC related equipment/tasks.
- Operate central HVAC equipment and mechanical equipment using sound engineering practices and specified corporate/resort operating procedures.
- Trouble-shoot electrical and pneumatic problems and repair them in a timely fashion.
- General repairs of drywall, carpet, and tile.
- Create and implement Preventive Maintenance Programs.
- Three to five (3 to 5) years prior experience as a Maintenance Engineer in a hotel or apartment environment.
- HVAC certifications a plus.
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to supervise, motivate and mentor team members to maintain optimal department operation and staff development.
- Working knowledge of budgets and purchasing procedures.
- Analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to work, communicate and maintain positive guest and colleague relations
- Strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable with basic computer software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills exercising patience, tact, and diplomacy.
It all began in 2006 with three Value Place hotels. Since then, through a series of development projects and acquisitions, we have grown to become the fourth largest hotel owner-operator in the United States. Our company, which has offices in New York City, Dallas, Chicago, and Richmond, Virginia has a $3.0 billion portfolio of 99 independent and premium-branded hotels containing more than 13,000 guestrooms across 30 states and 75 cities, including two experiential hotels in New York City. We have 3,600 team members across the country and operate hotels under 19 brands, including Marriott and Hilton.
We are a recipient of the Marriott Partnership Circle Award, the highest honor Marriott presents to its owner and franchise partners, and the Hilton Legacy Award for Top Performer. For the TWA Hotel, we won the Development of the Year (Full Service) Award at The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS) and the ULI New York Excellence in Hotel Development Award. MCR was also named one of Fast Company‘s Most Innovative Travel Companies of 2020.
We offer many great benefits that include annual increases, paid time off, sick pay, 401K, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a referral bonus.
The Company and its corporate affiliates are Equal Opportunity employers. The Company and its affiliates do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, family or marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status, activity, or characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location