Behrens Manufacturing in Winona, MN, a premiere manufacturer of steel containers, is looking for some hard-working individuals to join our team as Assembly Workers. Individuals would be assisting in the production of steel buckets, trash cans, and tubs.
The Manufacturing Engineer position is directly responsible for developing and improving manufacturing processes to reduce injury hazards, improve product quality, improve machine reliability and increase process efficiency.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts process safety evaluations and designs methods to prevent and solve safety issues.
- Assures product and process quality by designing quality into the process, utilizing Poke-Yoke.
- Determines functional product testing to ensure product conformance and process control.
- Use statistical methods to determine root cause(s) of failures and recommend changes in product or processes.
- Determines life of critical components of machines and coordinates with maintenance supervisor on improvements and repair of equipment.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflow to improve areas that could benefit from change
- Cost justify capital equipment to replace or update old and costly manufacturing processes.
- Design, develop and build new manufacturing process by researching, conferring with vendors, consultants, and internal experts to reduce costs.
- Develop work instructions to train and ensure consistent work sequence in maintenance and production processes.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing processes to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, and eliminate landfill waste.
- Data Analysis
- Solid Modeling
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Lean Manufacturing
- Print and Schematic Reading
- ERP Software
- Microsoft Office
This position has no direct reports.
To be successful, approximately 50% of the time will be spent on the manufacturing floor and 50% in an office environment. This role will require hearing protection, gloves, sleeves and other PPE as required. Parts of the environment will be subject to extreme temperatures based on seasonality. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, such as laptop computers and smartphones, as well as hand tools, such as wrenches, screwdrivers and tape measures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7 am to 4 pm.
Less than 25%
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and three to six years’ related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Safe work history
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to work in a budget
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
- 3-6 years working in a manufacturing environment with basic understanding of manufacturing equipment, including machine logic and pneumatic/hydraulic systems.
- 3+ Years working with CMMS
- 3+ Years of OSHA Regulation Enforcement
- 1+ Years of Lean Manufacturing Experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location