ELECTRICAL WIRING DESIGNER / SENIOR ELECTRICAL WIRING DESIGNER
Established engineering firm in Northern New Jersey is seeking experienced electric utility oriented electrical designers to work both out of our Oakland, NJ office and remotely.
Experience in developing complete packages of medium/high voltage relay protection, power distribution center, high/low voltage circuit breakers, transformers, switchgear (and other utility substation equipment) is preferred.
Candidates should have the ability to:
· interpret electrical design concepts, determine requirements of detailed drawings, identify design problems and recommend changes
· review electrical schematic wiring diagrams and supporting documents and ensure that design plan is in accordance with the client’s standards and international acceptable codes.
· execute project task plans.
· compare schematic drawings with wiring diagrams for accuracy.
· design and create final electrical construction wiring drawings
· prepare schematic diagrams, block diagrams and control drawings and interconnection diagrams
· supervise workers engaged in drafting
· review work orders and procedural manuals and confer with vendors, clients and supervisor to resolve problems and modify designs.
· coordinate across disciplines
· perform check print reviews
· exercise sound judgment in design methods
· accurately estimate completion time of assignments
· effectively communicate with co-workers and client’s representatives (Engineers, Designers, Project Managers) in a positive, cooperative team-oriented environment.
The successful candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 2 years’ experience as Electrical Designer or as Electrical Engineer.
· knowledge of AutoCAD and Microstation
· knowledge of NEC and electrical industry standards
· high level communication and organizational skills
· ability to work in a fast paced environment
· willing to travel nationwide and abroad
Competitive Salary with benefits including 401k, Stock Purchase Plan, Health, Dental, Vision.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location