PV SOLAR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. Must be strong in Electrical, with working knowledge of Civil and Structural. QUICK START DATE!
Provides quality inspections in regards to welding and welder's certifications, pressure vessels, heat exchangers and boilers, painting and coating, structural steel, civil, mechanical and vendor surveillance.
Varies by location. Must have open availability any time any day of the week.
Essential Skills must posses the ability to
May include but not limited to:
- Implement the project audit schedule for all multi-disciplinary systems, products and/or processes on the construction task force including the contractors' organizations at the jobsites.
- Assist in the development and review of the project Quality Program documentation manuals, work processes and reporting of quality records management of quality documents.
- Assist in developing a jobsite orientation program to ensure the project team is familiar with the requirements of the Project Quality Program.
- Prepare and issue audit reports noting system non-conformances and verifying effective corrective/preventative actions.
- Deliver audit assessment findings to Quality Director and evaluate the need for any corrective / preventative action.
- Follow-up audit findings including, corrective/preventative actions.
- Assess sub-contractors' capabilities to meet the quality requirements of the project as required.
- Responsibility for the performance of all inspection and testing activities as defined by contract.
- Assure that the contract obligations' for testing and record keeping are adhered to.
- Control calibrated measuring and test equipment used on the project.
- Keep calibration records and ensure that all testing equipment has current calibration records.
- Ensure proper turnover of complete quality control packages. Responsible for ensuring that turnover documentation is maintained, organized and turned over on schedule.
- Maintain project quality records for the construction phase of the project and quality audit plans, performance and management thereof.
- Assist Quality Director to establish and manage a field document control system for construction drawings from home office Engineering, specifications, test and inspection reports, vendor data and as-built drawings.
- Perform evaluations of sub-contractors' facilities to determine their capabilities in meeting the quality requirements.
- Conduct periodic Quality Program training for site supervisory personnel.
- All other duties as normally required by our QA/QC Department, and as required by day-to-day business.
- Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy
- Follow oral and written directions
- Work within Company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Employee Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- Five 5 years of formal training and experience in heavy industrial projects such as refineries, petro-chemical complexes, power plants, etc.
- Ability to effectively interact with project team members, clients, subcontractors, and craft employees.
- Does not have tot be a Certified Welding Inspector CWI, but a plus if so.
- Must have passed or be qualified and willing to take the Welding Supervisor exam to satisfy the Canadian Welding Bureau requirements for structural welding
- Experience in structural and piping fabrication.
- Experience in Mechanical Inspection a plus.
- Knowledge in piping and structural fabrication codes. ASME Section 1, VIII, & IX, B31.1, B31.3 & AWS D1.1. A working knowledge of Canadian codes W47.1 & W59 would a plus.
- Intermediate to Advance user in MS Excel and Word.
- Able to read and interpret structural and piping drawings.
- Able to work and communicate with client management and third party inspections agencies including Authorized Inspectors and NDE personnel. Experienced with vendor inspections.
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects while carrying tools and equipment
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- See well naturally or with correction
- Eye-hand coordination
- Good physical fitness
- Good sense of balance
- Work at great heights
Works out of a main office or out of a field office at the construction site, monitors the all phases of the construction project, may travel extensively when not assigned to a construction site, usually entails temporary residence away from primary residence, deals with delays, the effects of bad weather, or emergencies at the site. Although the work usually is not considered inherently dangerous, must be careful while performing onsite services.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act FMLA
Equal Employment Opportunity EEO
Equal Polygraph Protection Act EEPA