T&R Productions/RT America has an immediate opening for a full-time Senior Broadcast Engineer in Washington DC to work in the latest in broadcast technology. Candidates for this position should have a broadcast background, 21st century skill set, and a team-oriented attitude.
· Responsible for hands-on technical and project support of audio and broadcast infrastructure systems for live studio broadcast events and post-production activities.
· Install, test, upgrade, maintain, and repair television broadcast equipment.
· Assume the role of the Chief Engineer in his or her absence.
· Ensure that any engineering or technical problems reported by staff members is appropriately addressed.
· Ensure engineering staff receive training in areas needed to enhance proficiency.
· Liaise with vendors and IT personnel or engineering staff to achieve problem resolution.
· Troubleshoot video, audio and IT issues and provide rapid resolutions.
· Provide end users with professional and timely technical support.
· Quickly and accurately troubleshoot issues in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
· Execute and complete projects with minimal supervision.
· Strong knowledge of broadcast systems and signal workflow.
· Familiarity with Grass Valley broadcast switchers, Lawo broadcast audio consoles, Ikegami broadcast cameras, Riedel intercom systems, video and audio patch panels, Shotoku robotic camera equipment, and Evertz routing switcher and distribution equipment.
· Ability to prioritize and complete tasks on time and with quality.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and work at heights from ladders or similar equipment.
· Minimum of an Associates degree in Electronics, Broadcasting or related field.
· Five to ten years of engineering experience in a television environment.
· SBE certification desired but not required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is a full-time position in Washington DC. We offer a highly competitive salary benefit package.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $68,889.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday