TKE Engineering, Inc., located in Riverside, CA , is seeking a motivatedWater/Wastewater Professional Engineer to perform duties including but not limited to the following. The position is full- time.
Water/Wastewater Project Engineer is responsible for project design oversight and responsibility, cost estimating, studies, and other related engineering tasks supporting TKE Engineering. We are seeking a Project Engineer to plan, direct, and control the execution of technical, fiscal, and administration functions of the assigned projects. Please note that a California Professional Engineering (PE) license is required for this position.
The following duties are typical of the position but are not all encompassing. Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Responsible for applying intensive and diversified knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas. Uses advanced techniques, theory precepts and practices in the civil engineering field and related sciences and disciplines. A lead position, this level includes technical direction over a group of civil engineering designers and/or functions as a technical specialist, formulating and developing advanced civil engineering concepts.
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company participating in a project.
- As a Project Engineer, serves as a technical specialist, staff adviser and consultant to the civil engineering specialty, for a given water/wastewater, land/site development, public works, and/or transportation-related project.
- Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved civil engineering techniques or procedures to create new or refined improvements, equipment, materials, processes or methods.
- Markets the firm’s capabilities within the civil engineering specialty to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients. Prepares proposals for potential projects within the guidelines of the company authority matrix
- Participates in the selection of design teams and sub-consultants and in the negotiations of fees and subcontractors.
- Conducts constructability reviews or assists in the design/planning/review of other civil engineering projects not assigned to the incumbent.
- May supervise civil engineering and support personnel: evaluates performance; assigns and schedules work; establishes project priorities and standards; makes recommendations on hiring, firing and promotions; provides technical support of project work
- May assist the Department/Division Manager in the preparation of the department/division budget and policy implementation
- Performs all other assigned related duties
- Support a wide variety of municipal water, recycled water, wastewater and storm water related projects involving wells, pipelines, collection systems, lift/pump stations, storage and equalization facilities, pipeline rehabilitation and treatment facilities
- Lead the planning, evaluation and selection of preferred alternatives
- Perform conceptual and detailed design calculations, modeling, and analyses
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and supporting documents
- Prepare construction drawings, specifications and cost estimates
- Provide construction support services such as bid evaluations, plan clarifications, review shop drawings, prepare operations and maintenance manuals, review monthly progress reports and evaluate change order requests.
- Prepare technical memorandum, preliminary design reports
- Strong technical experience
- Experience with engineering cost control, progress reporting, resource planning, scheduling, and management of contracts
- Possess excellent technical writing and communication skills as well as be independent and resourceful
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in the State of California is required
- 6+ years of related consulting experience
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering
If you have any questions regarding our application process, please contact Candice Velasco at (909)693-9313 or via e-mail. TKE will only be contacting applicants who are approved for an interview.
TKE Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in it's hiring practices. Each person, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran's status, will receive equal consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34.00 - $57.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Civil Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer's License (P.E.) in California (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place