Industrial Automation Supply, Inc(IAS) is a distributor of industry leading components for OEM machine builders throughout New England. We are looking for an Electro-Mechanical Assembly Technician to join our Systems Group (Integrated Automation Solutions). The Systems Group manufacturers customized automation control enclosures and assemblies specific our customers design requirements.
The Electro-Mechanical Assembly Technician will work on various aspects related to the manufacturing of custom control panels, including wiring building, labeling, panel layout and setup, panel wiring, etc.
This job requires a good knowledge of panel assembly and the Panel Shop Technician should have a solid background in panel assembly and wiring, knowledge in parts, and working with all tools related to the position.
· Ability to read schematics and drawings and have a good understanding of electrical and electronic symbols.
· Ability to identify electrical panel components from schematic
· Layout panel designs based on drawings from engineers
· Fabricate panels according to drawings
· Troubleshoot panel wiring and other issues
· Construct wire bundles
· Wire terminals, PLCs and other devices in accordance to drawings
· Prepare panels for testing and for shipping
· Efficient use of hand tools
· Work in safe manner in compliance with OSHA, manufacturer’s instructions and company policy
· Understand Safety rules and regulations in a shop environment
· Regularly inspect all shop equipment
· Maintain positive relationships with vendors and other employees
· Experience with panel fabrication and build, component layout, electrical enclosures, electrical assemblies, controls and wiring.
· Ability to wire and build industrial control panels based on schematic, blueprint, and/or wire schedule.
· Work on multiple projects simultaneously in a manufacturing environment.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
· Strives to continuously improve quality and productivity through identifying own training and tool needs.
· Works with all staff to insure compliance with safety and environmental policies
· Must be detail oriented and strive for quality workmanship.
· Other duties as assigned as required.
· Experience - Minimum 3 years experience with panel building, layout and design.
· Excellent soldering skills preferred
Salary: Hourly D.O.E.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Assembly: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma