Structures is looking for an experienced structural engineer to help expand and support the company's design portfolio and team. We are a full-service structural engineering design firm based in Austin, Texas, established in 1990. This is a great opportunity for candidates looking for a diverse, hands-on structural design experience, with an opportunity to grow professionally in an environment where creativity is highly valued.
- Completes feasibility studies by studying project concepts, objectives, priorities, and requirements; conducting site investigations; identifying and establishing performance standards; preparing construction documents and submittals.
- Organizes structural engineering design project by identifying short-term and long-range issues; preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources.
- Develops structural design plans by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying structural engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria; adapting and modifying structural mechanics options; developing and evaluating new structural architectures and algorithms; performing design calculations relating to foundations and structures, loading, structural response, and connection design; preparing drawings and visualizations; collaborating with related engineering design teams; evaluating structural materials and suppliers; identifying and resolving design integration issues; determining and establishing design specifications and safety standards.
- Verifies design by establishing functionality, reliability, maintainability, and durability test standards; building and testing simulations and models; performing analytical and numerical quantification procedures and visualizations; analyzing test data; identifying, isolating, and resolving problems.
- Verifies and supports construction by performing compliance inspections and tests; resolving construction problems related to structural design; coordinating and conferring with construction and production contractors.
- Documents structural design and maintenance by recording design features and maintenance requirements, and warnings; detailing safety requirements.
- Complies with codes and regulations by applying and enforcing adherence to regulations and testing requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains engineering design team accomplishments by coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information and structural engineering analysis to team meetings and reports; guiding structural engineering technicians.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing structural engineering data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging structural engineering technologies and practices; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- BS in Civil or Architectural Engineering with specialization in Structural Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Knowledge of Risa 3D, RAM Structural System, or similar software for analysis, design and evaluation of structures
- Knowledge of structural design in concrete, masonry, steel and wood
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time