Serves as a liaison engineer between Plant Spartanburg and product development/design groups at BMW AG for modules such as fuel systems, body structures and/or light technology. Manages the problem resolution process between Plant Spartanburg and BMW AG for design related items resulting in customer quality and manufacturing improvement opportunities for Plant Spartanburg. Serves as the QBM (quality management) and Platform (L2-W / L4-W) representative of the design areas for Plant Spartanburg. Provides technical and specialized guidance such as process tolerances and material properties for design and functional processes to internal and external customers to Plant Spartanburg. Develops new solutions with defined target outcomes to design related problems resulting in customer quality and manufacturing process opportunites. Implements the solutions for Plant Spartanburg in coordination with the product design departments at BMW AG with accountability for the results. Develops solutions to highly complex or unusual technical problems such as process tolearance issues which require regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Implements solutions in compliance with plant policies through the Plant Quality Management teams and in coordination with the BMW AG quality groups. Promotes the principles and values of Plant Spartanburg in daily activities and planning functions. Complies with Plant Management Systems through appropriate training and awareness. Ensures continuous improvements of systems within area of responsibility. Facilitates the Plant-wide processes for PST (Problem-Solving Teams), 8D, and CST (Cross-System Teams). Understands and models VPS (Value Added Production System) Principles and concepts of Standard Work and Problem Solving. Adheres to 5S and Safety Standards and Principles. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. MS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (preferred).
- 4+ years of automotive experience such as working with suppliers, development groups, service providers or manufacturers who produce or service components used in an automotive field. Experience must have a concentration in product design.
- 4+ years of experience in process development such as prototype builds with internal & external (suppliers) organizations.
- 3+ years of experience using design/release software, quality steering systems and 2D/3D CAD systems.
- 2+ years of project/team leadership experience such as leadership of teams used for development of processes, quality improvements or root cause analysis.
- 3+ years of experience executing team targets associated to core functions with minimal supervision.
- 3+ years of computer experience with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating documentation skills as well as report writing & development of presentations.
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced German language skills, both written and oral (preferred).
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employee.