- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience as recognized by Prairie Mountain Health
- First Class Power Engineer Certificate as recognized by the Province of Manitoba, certificate to be in good standing
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a Chief Engineer in a First Class Power Plant
- Minimum three (3) years experience in the direct supervision of various Journeyman Trades and the operation, maintenance, and repair of a large institutional complex
- Three (3) years of Supervisor experience in a Health Care setting
- Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within the Prairie Mountain Health
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial ability
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in employee and labour relations
- Demonstrated experience in initiating changes and improvements, including skills in workplace re-engineering within a Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) environment
- Ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Sensitivity to the human and political dynamics of health care management
- Strong organizational, decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop Policy & Procedures
- Ability to display independent judgment
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
The Supervisor / Chief Engineer 1st Class, Maintenance / Brandon Regional Health Centre shall be accountable to the Area Manager Maintenance and is responsible for the development, coordination, implementation, evaluation and operation of the Facility Engineering Services / Brandon Regional Health Centre / Prairie Mountain Health.
Responsible for the safe administration and operation of Facility Engineering Services / Brandon Regional Health Centre / Prairie Mountain Health.
Monitors appropriate financial, human resources, equipment and environmental issues of Facility Engineering Services/ Brandon Regional Health Centre / Prairie Mountain Health.
Oversees the development of policies and procedures related to Facility Engineering Services / Brandon Regional Health Centre.
Instrumental in the planning and development of a sustainable program.
Participates in portfolio/facility/regional team structure.
Develops and maintains functional relationships with other departments/programs.
Plans for continued professional development of staff and self.
Promotes positive public relations.
Operationalizes Prairie Mountain Health’s Vision, Mission and Values statements.
Promotes the quality dimensions of access, safety, effectiveness and satisfaction in the provision of Prairie Mountain Health’s services.
This position is subject to a Criminal Records Check (including vulnerable sector), Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any services charges incurred.
If you are currently employed by PMH, please utilize the internal application form. If you are not employed by PMH, please utilize the external application form.
In order to be considered for the position, both internal and external applicants must submit a current resume with their application form.
If you are an external applicant, please include three work related references with this application. They must be from persons who are not related to you, and who have direct knowledge of your past work performance.
Upon being considered for employment, your signature or electronic submission of this application is your authorization to complete said reference checks.
PMH has an Aboriginal Human Resources initiative and is committed to increasing the representation of Aboriginal people within all levels of our workforce. Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to voluntarily self identify as being of Aboriginal descent in their cover letter and/or within their application form.
We thank all applicants that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS FOR ALL