POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Mechanic
REPORTS TO: Plant Engineer
I. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of plant operating equipment to ensure overall operating efficiency and safety.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides repairs of facility equipment.
2. Ensures operation of facility equipment by completing preventative maintenance.
3. Disassembles and assembles equipment for sanitation and production runs.
4. Makes repairs and adjustments in a timely fashion to ensure as little downtime as possible.
5. Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
6. Works with minimal supervision.
7. Other duties as assigned.
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Proficient in the use of hand and shop tools.
- Industrial maintenance experience is a plus.
- Must be able to safely operate and repair various facility equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
- Ability to work scheduled hours, which may include overtime, depending on plant demands.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Ability to adhere to and enforce safety policies and OSHA compliance guidelines.
- Must be able to work in a diverse workforce, bilingual a plus.
IV. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires the ability to walk, stand, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl and climb ladders.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures with standing cool and cold temperatures down to -10 degrees.
- Must be able to stand and walk in wet, uneven and slippery surfaces.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- maintenance mechanic: 3 years (Required)