Our Consulting Engineering firm has been successfully serving the engineering needs of public and private sector clients for more than 75 years. Over the past seven decades we have been instrumental in helping local governments and private industry to address sanitary and environmental concerns, as well as other engineering needs associated with residential and commercial expansion. We are also skilled at working in partnership with other engineering firms that require supplemental assistance in Municipal Engineering Services, Water Services, Wastewater Services, Construction Management Services, and Environmental Services.
Seeking an experienced Senior Structural Engineer who has an exceptional track record in the design, analysis and detailing of structural systems. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to effectively carry out complete designs and also be able to supervise one or two entry-level engineers. Effective organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Review appropriate Building Codes and prepare structural analysis
- Design gravity and lateral load resisting systems utilizing all current industry available materials
- Experience working with NYC Department of Environmental Protection preferred
- Proficiency with analysis programs – STAAD Pro, RISA, RAM or similar
- Experience with Revit.
- Engineering of steel and concrete superstructures.
- Perform inspections and provide structural assessment of existing buildings and reports
- Review shop drawings
- Construction Experience
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and technicians.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in engineering degree, Master’s degree preferred.
- Licensed PE/ SE preferred
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience and project co-ordination experience required
- Experience with complex analysis tools for Structural design.
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of engineering statistics, dynamics and structural load path.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (3D and 2D), Revit, Structural Bridge Design Software is required.
Additional Information: Candidate must be able to legally and lawfully work in the United States without any kind of Visa sponsorship requirements.
- Location: NY Metro Area
- Job Type: Employee
- Job Status: Full time
- Compensation: Based on Experience.
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401 K
Job Type: Full-time
- enginering: 4 years (Required)
- Construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 4 years (Preferred)
- Revit: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off