Baggage Handling Systems design consulting firm has an immediate need for a Project Engineer.
Our firm, BNP Associates, Inc. specializes in the design of automated baggage handling and screening, parcel, cargo and apron systems for airports throughout the world. We are the market leader in these fields and our employees are respected industry leaders. We are seeking the best of the best to help us grow and excel.
Mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, control system engineering or an automated facilities maintenance background is preferred, however, civil, and electrical engineers may be considered with relevant knowledge or experience.
This engineering position is a full-time position supporting the live operations of the HPN BHS.
Candidate shall be available to work Early morning hours Monday thru Friday starting at 5am -1pm. Qualified Candidate shall also be available for ON-CALL services during Weekends, Holidays or Non-Operational hours as needed.
Candidate must have knowledge of electro-mechanical equipment and be able to operate basic tools to perform repairs and replacement of parts such as Motors, conveyor belts etc. Electrical and Computer knowledge is a plus. Must be able to work under pressure and resolve issues in a timely manner.
Candidate duties shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Prepare Daily and Monthly Reports of Baggage Operation Summary
- Monitor system each day to ensure optimum performance
- Keep constant Communication with Airport Operations of any issues which my effect the system operation
- Provide monthly preventive maintenance services
- Attend Monthly Airport meetings and provide monthly update of the Baggage Performance
- Communicate with Prime Flight Employees to ensure Baggage Hygiene policy is followed
- Train new Prime Flight Employees on Baggage Hygiene Policy
- Clear baggage jams on conveyors
We are looking for a local candidate, and as such, no relocation package is being offered for this position.
The successful candidate will require federal background checks and drug screening. We are an equal opportunity employer. We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salaries, along with professional advancement opportunities.
If you are seeking a rewarding career that provides you the opportunity to become a significant contributor in the fast paced, dynamic environment of airport systems design, please send your cover letter, resume, and a list of references.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative