Come Grow With Us!
Hull is a leader in environmental and engineering consulting with offices throughout the Midwest. Our employees feel a connection with the work we do knowing we are actively working to enhance the quality of life in our communities. We embrace collaborative problem solving, open communication and continuous learning. Our partnership with our clients creates unique and lasting solutions to their project needs.
Currently we are seeking someone with a strong geotechnical engineering background to support our growing our Geotechnical Engineering practice.
You will have the opportunity to use your skills and passion to grow our existing practice and design our path into the future. In addition to leading the direction and growth of the team, you will lead a dynamic range of projects. With opportunities for career advancement and our great benefits, we are sure to give you a challenging yet satisfying job experience!
This position will report directly to the Geotechnical Engineering Practice Leader and will ideally be located in our Columbus office, but could be located in our Cleveland, OH, St. Clairsville, OH, or Pittsburgh, PA offices.
The ideal candidate will be someone passionate about client service and growing the business. This person should also have a strong background conducting subsurface investigations; performing slope stability and other geotechnical modeling; and providing recommendations for foundation types and embankment designs.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage small and diverse projects and occasionally, a larger, more complex project involving multidisciplinary teams;
- Perform complex technical research, calculations, modeling, design and or report writing for completion of assigned tasks or projects;
- Develop and maintain client relationships as secondary client contact for projects;
- Assist in the development of strategy, scope of work and budget for projects;
- Track work progress relative to project schedules and budgets utilizing company project management software;
- Supervise, train and provide work assignments to project team members;
- Maintain overall project quality consistent with company and professional standards;
- Interact with regulatory agencies knowing what information to provide, when and with appropriate internal or client review.
Proven ability to:
Plan and execute own work tasks, as well as tasks of team members, to meet project deadlines
Solve problems creatively and effectively and make informed decisions
Fully execute technical skills required by job and mentor staff
Communicate effectively and proactively with management, peers and clients
Complete tasks efficiently and within allowed budget
Possess working knowledge of regulations in area of practice
Motivate and encourage others and help team achieve success
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering from an accredited institution.
Advanced degree in Geotechnical Engineering desired but not required.
Professional Engineering license highly desired.
Generally more than 4 years relevant experience. Advanced degree and/or cooperative education may count toward experience.
Primarily in a climate-controlled office environment but occasionally required to be on job sites exposed to a variety of temperatures and possibly uneven terrain.
Physical requirements primarily include sitting, walking with occasional lifting, pushing and pulling.
Hull is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment.