Do you want to apply your engineering degree to solve real world problems? Do you enjoy getting into the details? If this excites you, we invite you take the next step and submit your resume for Application Engineer position at Stover Controls. Stover Controls designs, sells, implements and services process control solutions for a variety of industries.
Our Application Engineer is responsible for analyzing and determining engineering requirements, modifications and changes needed to fulfill customers' needs for equipment and keep customers running at PEAK UPTIME. This position works with customers and prepares proposals and is responsible for accurate and timely quotations that lead to orders and determines appropriate pricing as needed.
Duties and responsibilities include consulting with customers on their applications, continuously improving application knowledge, improving customer relationships, working with our sales and service personnel to pursue opportunities, assisting our sales and service staff in activities ranging from general presentations on our offerings to specific project pursuits, driving the project alignment process through the company, supporting various scenarios putting together quote packages that address the needs of a specific pursuit, and understanding our Emerson product offerings and for non-Emerson products.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in chemical, industrial or mechanical engineering is required or equivalent training and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Knowledge of process controls or flow controls and knowledge of products and practices/procedures is desired.
1. WE ARE COLOSSALLY COMMITTED
We genuinely enjoy helping our customers operate at their best. We believe that strong relationships are earned through our actions. Our reliable presence and commitment means we show up, follow through and do what it takes to get the job done. We view ourselves as an extension of our customers’ team; we have our customers’ backs, and they can rest assured knowing we will do the right thing to keep them running at PEAK UPTIME.
2. WE ARE ANNOYINGLY ACCURATE
Accuracy bolsters customer trust. We set high standards and strive for precision that’s borderline annoying. We sweat the details and understand the important role our products and services play in our customers’ safe operations. We have to be right and aim to deliver unbeatable accuracy.
3. WE ARE PRAGMATIC PROBLEM SOLVERS
We believe the value of working with Stover Controls is our ability to make our customers’ problems go away. We listen with empathy to understand pain points. We are curious and enjoy figuring things out! We attack a problem’s cause with urgency and solve it with the most practical resolutions. We use our technical knowledge and think outside the box to come up with actionable solutions to rectify issues no one else can.
4. WE ARE PASSIONATE PROFESSIONALS
We are constant learners and students of our craft. We have high expectations for ourselves and view every situation as an opportunity to improve our performance. When it comes down to it, we like to win and are passionate about being outstanding in our field.
5. WE ARE BUILDING SOMETHING BETTER
We know that our work behind the scenes helps our customers make a difference. We start each day by asking ourselves how we can make our customers’ business more successful. We end each day knowing that we make the world a better and safer place. We are improving the lives of those we touch.
6. Ability to Negotiate – Explores positions and alternatives to reach outcomes that gain acceptance by all parties involved. Responds to opposing views in a non-defensive way. Offers compromise and trade off to others.
7. Adaptability and Flexibility – Generates new, innovative ideas in complex areas. Develops creative solutions; develops innovative methods of obtaining or using resources when insufficient resources are available. Entertains new ideas. Deals with ambiguity.
8. Critical and Analytical Thinking – Possesses sufficient inductive and deductive reasoning ability to perform job successfully. Identifies connections between issues. Quickly understands, orients to, and learns new assignments. Shifts gears when working on multiple projects.
9. Interpersonal Skills – Demonstrates sensitivity/empathy; maintains open relationships. Respects diversity. Positive sense of humor. Has the ability to be vulnerable.
10. Planning and Organizing – Approaches work in a methodical manner; prioritizes tasks and is efficient. Estimates resources needed for project completion and anticipates obstacles
11. Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identified problems; gathers information relevant to the problem; generates and implements alternative solutions.
12. Teamwork – Acknowledges team membership and role. Develops working relationships with others. Identifies goal and values of team. Resolves conflicts.