The Fikes Companies are looking for a skilled Developer to join theirIT team in Temple, TX. The Developerwill be responsible for directing and participating in programming activities,monitoring, and evaluating system performance, and designing and implementingnew programs and features.
At The Fikes Companies, our Mission is to build a highly successfulcompany which our employees are proud of, our customers value, and thecommunities we serve can count on.
- Performs portal andportlet level design and development.
- Ensures the developmentof server-side components to satisfy front-end requirements.
- Adopts and communicatesnew concepts, ideas, techniques, and best practices.
- Works closely withbusiness partners, analyst and IT team to deliver highly usable software thatsatisfies the business requirements.
- Participates insoftware design reviews, peer code reviews, and provides input and feedback toother members of the development team.
- Performs research onnew design features and functions.
- Assists in the creationof reference materials for any features and functions.
- Performs detailedtesting of features, functions and modules.
3+ years’ experience in web/customer portal application development inSwift or Java; demonstrated experience in developing high quality, enterprisescale software products using a structured system development lifecycle;general understanding of the loT and mobile industry, mobile networking, andcloud/content services; possess excellent project management skills; stronginterpersonal skills with the ability to interact with both technical andnon-technical customers (internal and external); solid communication skills;self-start attitude with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changingenvironment.
The Fikes Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- web/customer portal application: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off