Become Part of Our Team
As a growing industry leader, Meridian offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
· Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
· Health Reimbursement Account
· 401(k) with company match
· PTO Time
· Short- and Long-term disability
· Employee Assistance Program
We are seeking a Field Engineer to work on our various New Mexico projects. Your main duties will be to assist the project manager and superintendent in the construction of a project. This position will give the candidate the opportunity to be introduced to or expand their experience in heavy civil construction while providing the opportunity to gain valuable project management experience.
A successful Field Engineer will be someone who enjoys working at a project site and wants to contribute to the completion of a project. Someone who is wanting to learn and grow in responsibilities and career path.
- Assist Project Manager, Superintendent, and project leadership in all facets of the site/project
- Identify and track critical material lead times to ensure a timely delivery date
- Assist in establishing critical path (logic and durations) for the master schedule
- Track material deliveries
- Assist in resolving onsite safety issues if required
- Assist in soliciting subcontractors, creating bid lists as needed
- Assist Project Manager with permit paperwork and procurement
- Set up job site logistics, field office coordination, etc.
- Assist in qualifying and releasing Subcontractors
- Assist in the assembly of subcontractor scopes of work
- Track all documentation for compliance to show final approval and execution
- Receive, review, submit and track subcontractor/vendor submittals, shop drawings and requests for information
- Ensure timely distribution to field Site Superintendent of all documentation from the office, such as approved submittals and physical samples, updated drawings, etc.
- Maintain construction documents for each project and forward all changes to the Subcontractors and the Site Superintendent
- Develop, maintain and distribute meeting agendas and minutes
- Attend any onsite meetings that may be required to maintain meeting minute
Meridian is an industry-leading general contractor in civil construction. Performing earthwork, flood control, structural concrete, road construction, dewatering, structural steel, mining maintenance and other infrastructure that impact our communities. We are passionate about safety and doing things the right way, adding value to our customers and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance