Tronair is a fast growing, global leader in the design, manufacture, and servicing of ground support equipment (GSE) and aftermarket replacement parts to the Business & General, Commercial and Defense segments of the Aerospace/Aviation industry. Founded in 1929 and located in the Toledo, OH area, Tronair manufactures a large portfolio of branded GSE that is considered the standard throughout the industry. In addition, Tronair is one of the leading providers of SaaS application software used to manage and maintain ground support equipment. Visit www.tronair.com for more information on the history and product lines of our company.
In September 2016, Tronair was acquired by Golden Gate Capital, a San Francisco-based private equity firm with over $15B in committed capital. Unlike conventional private equity firms, Golden Gate Capital operates as a private holding company and recapitalizes, restructures, and ultimately builds meaningful businesses in partnership with management over an indefinite time horizon. Tronair operates as an independent company within Golden Gate Capital’s portfolio, which includes other leading technology companies. Golden Gate Capital is committed to helping Tronair continue positive momentum in the marketplace – driving growth throughout Tronair’s product portfolio by continuing to deliver value to customers. With Golden Gate Capital’s complete support, Tronair will continue to execute upon its aggressive organic growth and M&A strategy, and continue to lead the transformation of the ground support equipment industry.
This role provides a wonderful opportunity for highly motivated candidates seeking to fast-track their careers to a high-level position within a top tier private equity backed business. Tronair enjoys an outstanding management team led by proven leaders with backgrounds in private equity investing, investment banking, Fortune 100 companies and operational excellence, who are committed to growing the results and the people of Tronair.
SUMMARY: The Mobile Equipment Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing and coordinating the development and integration of new technology and implement improvements into our electric and engine powered aircraft tow tractors and other vehicle product lines. They will possess the vision necessary to advance the company’s vehicle product lines in anticipation of current and future customer demands. Occasional business travel will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Manage and develop new system designs for electric and engine powered vehicles equipment and/or modify existing equipment on current production vehicles.
- Manage and design of components and systems to provide maximum customer value and vehicle function, including improved economy, safety of operation, and operational performance, at optimum costs.
- Lead and participate in the design, building, modification, and testing of vehicles, utilizing SolidWorks, and National Instruments DAQ systems.
- Perform FEA on components that lend themselves to high degree of stress in the vehicle application.
- Conduct experiments and tests on new and existing designs and equipment to obtain data on function/performance of equipment.
- Coordinate with OEM’s to design and test products that meet and/or exceed their vehicle requirements.
- Work with Sales team to determine new vehicle development product specifications.
- Work with management to develop cost/margin analysis for new products.
- Analyze data to develop new system designs using motors, brakes, pumps, and other related mechanical, hydraulic, and electromechanical components.
- Direct validation activities on components and equipment under designated conditions to ensure operational performance meets design specifications.
- Work with customers to identify needs and implement these requirements into new vehicle design.
- Must possess the vision and ability to take Tronair and Eagle to the next level of engineering standards to produce and provide more robust products and services to our customers.
- Up to 10% travel may be required to attend trade shows, trouble shooting, product launches, CDR’s, PDR’s, and design launches.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in mobile heavy equipment, mobile material handling equipment, or a related field
- In depth knowledge of electric traction and pump drive systems, components, and processes and/or in depth knowledge of diesel and gasoline engine powered drivetrains, components, and processes
- Must be proficient in managing, organizing, and maintaining large quantities of data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Vehicle Engineering or related field.
- 5 years of experience in electric and/or engine driven vehicle design or related field.
- Automotive or Aerospace background preferred.
- At the company’s discretion, a combination of experience and education may be substituted for these requirements.
- Flowcharting and technical writing skills preferred
- Must have the ability to work both strategically and tactically
- Previous experience with project planning required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Must demonstrate the ability to emphasize excellence through attention to detail
- Must be highly organized and able to meet deadlines
- Must be able to deal with complexity
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to analyze information effectively for process improvement
- Must be able to work cross-functionally to achieve goals
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, particularly when working on the computer
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, particularly when in the manufacturing facility
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally unassisted
- Ability to bend, kneel and stoop occasionally
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow all safety requirements
- Ability to use standard office equipment (copier, fax, telephone, computer, etc.)
- Manufacturing shop and office environment
- Exposure to noise, fumes, and dust, while in the manufacturing facility.
Tronair is an EEO/AA employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement