Senior Full Stack Engineer
Java / AngularJS / AWS | Emphasis is on Backend
Full Remote (East Coast Hours) or at our HQ (Just Outside Downtown Tampa Florida)
Salary Range: $100,000 to $120,000 Based on Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ Years of Java experience building backend http services
- 5+ Years experience with a wide range of AWS Services
- A proven track record of building and shipping highly available and scalable production HTTP Web Services (We will ask for specific examples)
- 2+ Years of experience building frontend SPAs
- AngularJS or Angular or React
- Building Automated Testing
- Ability to design, model and query data in a Relational Database
- You know the difference between a 403 and 401 and can explain it to a non-engineer.
(Look it up if not, We will ask you on the interview to see if you read this)
- You love learning and exploring the latest technologies and hate manual work.
(If you can automate it, it’s automated.)
- You have a deep level of comfort with building at scale with Java.
(Yes we know Node, go, [insert language of the week] are hip. No, we aren’t going to rewrite our entire stack.)
- You are able to architect distributed systems and design APIs that delight front end developers.
(We believe building APIs is just as much a UX experience as front end development)
- You have a firm grasp of web security concepts including OIDC and can explain the difference between ABAC and RBAC.
(You don’t have to be a security guru but you will need to be able to pick it up and a basic understanding is required.)
- You’ve been building on AWS for years and are proficient in standing up new infrastructure.
(We use SNS,S3,SQS,Elastic Beanstalk,ECS,API Gateway,RDS and our roadmap has us adding Lambda, DynamoDB and Elasticsearch to our portfolio of technology. We are always exploring new services that can be of use!)
- You have a desire to keep learning and keep growing.
(See the above point, we are always looking to incorporate new tech to solve specific problems. Our team provides a lot of opportunities to grow your skills)
- You want to work for a startup. We are a small team, if this scares you this may not be the job for you. If it excites you we promise it will be a great ride, you’ll build fantastic products and escape corporate drudgery!
(We have a great work life balance and we do our very best to keep to a 40hr work week even being a small team. We achieve a high velocity though hiring talented people and automating everything we can (Deployments, Tests, Monitoring, etc)
Extra Skills We’ll Love
- KeyCloak Customization Experience
- Project Management Experience
- NoSQL experience (Specifically Dynamodb)
- Experience with AWS Database Migration Service
We want you to enjoy your time at work some of the things we offer include:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- AngularJS, Angular, or React: 2 years (Required)
- a wide range of AWS Services: 5 years (Required)
- Java: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible