Factory Safety Engineer who will lead in implementing the industry safety standards at all global locations.
Comprehensive experience and having in-depth knowledge in Statutory compliance, Fire safety management, Process Safety, Environment Management, Industrial Hygiene and occupational health management, Contractor Safety management, EHS training and development.
Manufacturing exposure is preferable in industries like automobile OEMs or Tiers, heavy equipment, home appliances etc.
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 & OHSAS 18001
- NEBOSH or, IOSH degree preferred
- Experience in Safety, Occupational Health, Environment, Fire Management and Team Management in a leading organization
- Competency in devising Health and Safety strategies and implementing safety management systems for maintaining productive conditions
- Proficient in establishing a structured safety organization, Safety culture, Safety audits, risk assessments & implementing various measures to achieve high safety in the organization
- Awareness about Statutory and Regulatory Compliances
- Safety Management system Training and Development
- Project Site Safety Supervision
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ability to define and develop safety management system and process and successfully implement the process across all locations.
- Liaison between different global locations for knowledge exchange, lessons learnt, sharing best practices and Organizational Safety Strategy implementation
- To prepare documents related to legal compliance on safety and fire for all factories
- Ensure workshop safety practices and perform safety audits – establish proactive controls and risk assessment, preventive controls, accident and incident Investigation and Reporting
- Develop safety assessment and audits metrics and score card and preparation of corporate safety performance report on monthly basis
- Ensure training of all employees and contract labors to implement companywide activities e.g. Safety Awareness, Fire Awareness, Mock Drill, Emergency Preparedness
- Developed various training modules & deliver the same as workshops & webinars
- Ability to explore safety requirements and standards for the teardown of newer technology products as and when they emerge like high voltage batteries in battery electric vehicles.
- Forming a Safety Committee and arrange monthly meeting of Safety Committee members within the organization
This role will involve frequent travel domestically and internationally (approx. 50-60% of the time). Willingness to travel is a requirement.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.00 - $54.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)