We are seeking a qualified property maintenance individual to oversee the hotel as a Chief Engineer here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Rancho Bernardo! If you like hands on work and can lead by example consider applying today!
When our guests arrive, we want everything to be in excellent condition. The goal of our Maintenance team is to help our guests feel safe and cared for! As a Chief Engineer, your attention to detail and ability to lead by example ensures that our guests have a comfortable and problem-free stay.
As a Chief Engineer, you will:
- Hire, train, supervise, motivate, counsel and recognize the maintenance staff.
- Oversee daily operations, sustainability programs, inventory, ordering, and scheduling all within a set department budget.
- Perform basic repairs and preventative maintenance in all areas of the hotel and inspect work completed by others to ensure quality and standards are met.
- Troubleshoot various technical devices such as key card systems, internet equipment, television equipment, etc.
- Oversee safety programs and key control throughout the hotel.
- Greet and assist guests with all requests. Proactively garner relationships with long term and repeat guests to develop loyalty and maintain a high level of satisfaction.
- Support the goals of the hotel through teamwork and collaboration with all departments.
To be successful in this role, you need strong verbal and written communication skills. This job requires continuous movement, regularly bending, lifting, carrying, and moving up to 50 pounds. You must also be able to stand and walk for an entire shift and able to climb at least four flights of stairs. Previous maintenance and supervisory experience is preferred. Applicants must be available to work weekends and holidays and must be able to respond after normal working hours in case of emergencies.
Potential Advancement Opportunities:
Area Chief of Maintenance – Operations Manager – Assistant General Manager
InnVentures is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Building/Property Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off