Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Innovation is oxygen for NIKE, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.
Nike Smart Systems Engineering envisions, builds, and commercializes the future of digitally enabled products that serve the athlete. We are looking for an experienced Firmware Algorithms Engineer to join our team. This role will help create intelligent, adaptive products by applying sensor data analysis and embedded algorithms to systems that measure human movement. Join us and help define the future of sport.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field, with 8+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Proven experience in algorithm development with a focus on signal processing, pattern recognition, machine learning, classification, data mining, and other areas of machine intelligence.
- Experience driving algorithm development from prototype to real-time deployment.
- Ability to analyze data streams from multiple sensors and develop algorithms to extract accurate and meaningful sport metrics.
- Partner with engineers, physiologists, biomechanists, sport scientists, and validation teams to develop robust solutions that facilitate the product design process.
- Strong knowledge of Matlab or similar analysis tools.
- Strong background in embedded systems firmware development.
- Experience w/ sensor systems and algorithm design on embedded platforms (low power micro-controllers).
- Demonstrated expertise in design of multitasking, event-driven, real time firmware using C and understanding of RTOS concepts.
- Experience identifying hardware requirements based upon system firmware requirements.
- Works with Engineers, Designers, Innovators, and other experts to architect and realize intent and experience design of embedded systems and solutions. Uses concept sketches, pseudo-code, engineering design/ideas, and other communication methods to assure clear understanding of technological capabilities and limitations.
- Creates specifications and architectural documentation in order to lead external software development partners to create prototypes, proof-of-concepts, and consumer grade embedded software.
- Ability to support all phases of the product development cycle including architecture, design, development, debugging, documentation and validation.
- Excellent creativity, communication, presentation, troubleshooting, time-management and analytical skills are required.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.