Custom Dredge Works Inc. a leader in semi-portable hydraulic dredging equipment manufacture, is seeking a Professional Engineer.
Based in Topeka, Kansas USA , this position will be responsible to perform design tasks related to New Product Development (NPD), Advanced Engineering (AE), Product Care (PC) and Customer Engineering (CE) projects.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and documentation of components and systems
- Ensure that designs and documentation meet specified technical customer demands, product safety, legislative requirements and internal demands
- Provide support and/or solutions for service, production and supplier issues
- Coordinate build and testing of prototype components
- PE Certification
- Strong aptitude toward mechanical design and marine knowledge
- Strong understanding of assembly processes and good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Strong skills in 3D CAD systems, Autodesk Inventor experience preferred
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems related to mobile equipment
- Good understanding of structural analysis and testing
- Good organization skills and highly motivated
- Excellent time management skills, demonstrating meeting multiple project deadlines
- Good communication and problem solving skills
Custom Dredge Works Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, including 401(k), Medical, Dental and Life Insurance plans, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
- design: 5 years (Required)
- mechanical engineering: 5 years (Required)