Capture 3D is seeking a CAD Designer to collaborate with Capture 3D’s Application Engineers, Automation team, and Sales teams to facilitate the design and creation of fixturing and other mechanical components to support our 3D non-contact Scanning and Inspection solutions to our customers.
Capture 3D, Inc. is the premiere North American provider of both fully automated and manually operated industry leading ATOS 3D non-contact scanning and inspection solutions developed by GOM GmbH, a ZEISS company.
Our solutions have been embraced by a wide range of companies such as Activision, Alcoa Howmet, Barnes Aerospace, Blue Origin, Boeing, FCA, Disney, Ford, GE, GM, Honda, Honeywell, Joe Gibbs Racing, LUCID, Microsoft, NASA, NIKE, Orchid Orthopedic, PCC, Rivian, Rolls Royce, Siemens, Sig Sauer, Toyota Racing Development, and Pratt & Whitney to name a few.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gain knowledge in Capture 3D’s ATOS 3D non-contact scanning operation and principles to design and build optical scanning fixturing to meet project requirements
- Coordinate with Engineering, Automation, and Sales teams to define and design required fixtures and components and develop detailed designs and drawings in support of new product development and existing product support.
- Develop and build prototypes to evaluate design concepts utilizing inhouse additive manufacturing system or outside vendors
- Utilize Design For Manufacturing methodologies to produce cost effective end items
- Create CAD best practices across engineering team, and creates / updates database of design functions for future reference
- Participates in customer and internal engineering scope of work and solution design reviews to understand and create requited fixturing, tooling and components
- Adheres to “Good Manufacturing Practices” and other standards as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CAD models, parts, and skill using SolidWorks (or similar software) and proficiency in designing mechanical parts and assemblies and creating appropriate design documentation.
- Strong working knowledge of common manufacturing operations, CAD standards, Geometric Dimensioning, & Tolerancing (GD&T), and mechanical tolerance stack-up analysis.
- General mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail a must
- Reliable & Dependable
- Proficient oral and written skills.
- Professional demeanor and respectful in all situations.
- Positive attitude & Team Player
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Up to 30% travel
Capture 3D, Inc. offers a growth oriented, fast paced opportunity with a comprehensive benefits program. We are looking for talented, motivated, and passionate individuals to join our dynamic organization. We believe in a balanced work-life and have benefit plans to support this ethic. We believe in providing compensation and benefits that are competitive in the various communities in which we operate.
If this opportunity and our organization sound like a place where you can be engaged and you can envision yourself growing, we would like to hear from you. Simply apply through the Indeed posting
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Capture 3D follows CDC COVID-19 guidelines and precautions.
- What is your expected compensation range?
- SolidWorks: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fixturing design: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location