This product engineering position supporting our Copper Cable design, development, and production in the Americas. Based in the Belden Engineering Center in Richmond, Indiana. The position will support products for Enterprise Connectivity, Broadcast A/V, and Industrial applications and may require some travel to manufacturing facilities in Richmond, IN; Washington, PA; Cobourg, Ontario, CAN; and Nogales, Sonora MX.
- Design and develop cable products to customer defined or market requirements consistent with manufacturing capabilities and lowest cost.
- Provide product structure details, technical data sheets, drawings, and other product related data.
- Participate in all design control issues relative to the product line including engineering changes and product deviations. Will be assigned supporting roles on large projects or a number of small projects.
- Understand basic design issues including equations and accepted practice relevant to the design of wire and cable.
- Maintain technical accuracy of all product databases, engineering and sales collateral.
- Utilize electronic lab to quantify product performance for new designs.
- Work with manufacturing to identify design improvements that increase product value by lower scrap, increased throughput, or lower standard cost.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or technical college degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred. Open to a non-technical degree with experience in wire and cable design.
- 3 + years work experience in a similar or related field.
- Competency using MS Office programs.
- Prefer Spanish bilingual, but not required.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America without sponsorship.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00 - $50.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, IN 47374: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Product engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location