The Database Developer is responsible for designing, coding, and testing changes to support our Loan Management System (LMS). You will interact with stakeholders to determine their business needs as it relates to data analytics; relying heavily on T-SQL and XML you will provide solutions that will have a dramatic impact on our bottom line. Working with cross functional teams, you will collaborate and optimize the systems and maintain schemas to resolve production problems and data issues. Strong project management skills and the ability to generate reports using SSRS will be essential to your success.
- Design, implement and support data movement solutions across multiple platforms and data sources (Database tables/views and external files) using custom code and ETL tools and frameworks
- Conduct T-SQL, shell scripting and advanced SQL developments
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize SQL queries/views and T-SQL programs
- Ability to generate, modify and version database object scripts (DML/DDL)
- Become proficient in the data model and data structures to be able to efficiently respond to business queries and requests
- Work within the defined software development lifecycle, following rigorous change control policies
- Create and maintain up to date documentation of the data model, data flow and field level mappings
- Serve as level three on-call support
· Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data.
· Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest percentages, volume and apply basic math concepts
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives
- Project Management – Coordinates projects; communicates changes in progress; Completes projects on time.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Shares expertise with others.
- Leadership – Motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions of others; accepts feedback from others.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Makes timely decisions.
- Critical Thinking – Uses logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions/approaches to problems.
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Writing Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity – The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
Experience and Education
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in database developments for various transactional and/or analytical database systems
- Advanced proficiency with T-SQL (e.g. complex views/joins, analytical functions, regular expressions, table partitioning, materialized views, distributed transactions)
- Working knowledge of XML parsing and interfacing with T-SQL
- Applications analysis and design experience
- Strong understanding of the SDLC processes, both waterfall and agile
- Experience working with large volumes of data
- Experience with PowerShell and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking organization and problem-solving skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Experience with Visual Studio, Bitbucket, Power BI, any SQL oriented unit testing framework, and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Mongo, Hadoop, Hive)
- Leading, coaching or mentoring team members
· Daily exposure to PC's and Networks,
· The ability to lift 20-30lbs w/assistance, may move heavy equipment and boxes
· Sit for long hours in front of Computer Monitor (s)
· Will require long hours and some weekends when business needs dictate.
Moderate noise level daily in office atmosphere
Job Type: Full-time
- Database Development: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply