Company: Sedin Technologies Corp.
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Requirement: QA Engineer
We are an IT Consulting, System Integrator and Software Services company passionate about building user friendly, clean and efficient solutions to startups and enterprises. By combining cutting edge technologies and our passion for improvement, we are constantly finding new ways to deliver more business value and greater RoI for our clients.
As a QA Engineer, you will work within a small engineering team creating and executing tests within frameworks and tooling you help define. In addition, you will help improve team velocity through automation and streamlining testing processes. You will interact with internal stakeholders, engineers, product managers as part of test case development and issue diagnosis.
The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter with a high attention to detail and a strong background in writing and executing scripted tests cases, be an excellent communicator, and will work very well in a collaborative agile environment.
· Maintain and expand software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
· Understand the product by interviewing necessary stakeholders, product teams, and/or engineers
· Write and maintain well-written test cases and execute manual/automation testing
· Engage in technical design & code reviews with a QA perspective
· Navigate and understand relational databases
· Develop and maintain Selenium, Capybara and/or TestNG test scripts
· Manage releases to staging and production environments
· Keep abreast of new technologies, and be willing to present them to the technical staff
· Contribute to a dynamic environment of collaboration
· Bring an ethos of craft to your work
· Bachelor’s in Engineering
· 1+ years of experience in software development, technical quality assurance, and automation skills
· Required: Selenium with any of the object oriented programming language like Java,C# or Python , Unit testing framework: JUnit, TestNG and familiarity with version control like Git, SVN or TFS
· Required: Knowledge of relational database design and use
· Preferred: Mobile web/native test experience is preferred
· Comfortable translating Business and Design requirements into working/efficient test scripts and test cases
· Familiarity with agile development practices
· Strong communication skills and attention to detail
· Ability to perform under pressure
· Willingness to learn
· Comfortable with Jira, Jenkins, Git and Github
· Experience testing and deploying high volume multi-tier website applications
· Familiarity with API testing methodologies.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 1 year (Required)