Sivananthan Laboratories is on the cutting edge of research and development of intelligent and automatic-decision making sensors and imagers. Constant innovation of its technologies provides state-of-the-art infrared imagers to U.S. defense and commercial customers. Join our dedicated and talented team of innovators in achieving our mission to “protect those who protect us.”
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The successful candidate will provide molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) support to projects on sensing and imaging. Candidate is expected to be innovative, a creative thinker and problem solver, assist in pursuing contract R&D, and assist in transitioning material structures into production.
The successful candidate will specifically:
- Prepare and load individual wafers into the crystal growth chamber and monitor controls
- Perform molecular beam epitaxy of HgCdTe on various crystal substrates to include silicon and CdZnTe
- Characterize epitaxial material and substrates using FTIR, RHEED, and x-ray diffraction techniques
- Test wafers using spectroscopic ellipsometry and analyze and prepare data in readable format
- Characterize HgCdTe epitaxial films using Hall and photoconductive minority carrier lifetimes
- Experience with troubleshooting, improving, and modifying laboratory equipment, including MBE and ultra-high vacuum (UHV) equipment
- Experience with in-situ growth monitoring and diagnostic techniques
- Work closely with theoretical physicists and engineers and provide materials growth support.
- Write R&D-level proposals for semiconductor materials and device technology advancements.
- Present R&D results at conferences and publish papers.
- Knowledge of and experience with MBE growth.
- Demonstrated experience in performing materials characterization with XRD, Hall, FTIR, SE, RHEED and interpreting the results
- Knowledge of studies related to materials for nanodevices
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong organization skills with an attention to detail, and excellent documentation capability.
- Candidate should be enthusiastic and highly self-motivated.
- Doctoral degree in Physics, Materials Science, Optics, or relevant engineering discipline
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off