Jilk Heavy Construction
is seeking a
Camp Cook for Santa Cruz Island (Channels Islands)
Jilk Heavy Construction Inc has been serving the construction needs of Southern California for over 60 years. We are a general engineering construction contractor. We specialize in marine construction, bridges, pile driving, and shoring. Our clients include the U.S. Navy, Army Corps of Engineers, Caltrans, City of Los Angeles, State of California, Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, Metrolink, BNSF and many more. Jilk Heavy Construction is continually growing and expanding our business. Our reputation is built on high quality and customer satisfaction.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Camp Cook position. Candidates must poses a "can do" attitude and be "team players". The following are the required qualifications:
- 2 years chef / cook experience
- Camp Cook or on board boat cook experience a plus
- must be able to create meal plans
- Serve Safe or other similar food handling certification
This job will involve staying on site on an island for 8 full days at a time. The cook will have their own room.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Cooking: 2 years (Preferred)
- Camp Cook or on board boat cook: 1 year (Preferred)
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required