Job Title: Vice President, Director, Government Lending
Reports to: Director of Lending
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Established in 1992, True Access Capital (TAC) is a not-for-profit, federally certified, Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and Certified Community Development Company (CDC) that supports small businesses and community development projects with a special emphasis on underserved and low-income communities. The mission of True Access Capital is to educate, empower, and elevate business owners, and entrepreneurs, by augmenting technical expertise, increasing access to capital and stimulating business growth throughout Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania.
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
The Director, Government Lending (DGL) manages all SBA lending activities, which include those loans made under the following programs: U.S. SBA 504 and Community Advantage (CA). Such lending activities include loan origination, loan underwriting, loan servicing, portfolio management and reporting. (S)He is responsible ensuring compliance with U.S. SBA and organizational lending policies and procedures and managing U.S. SBA lending activities to meet organizational goals and objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Directing all U.S. SBA lending activity (for 504 and CA Programs), ensuring that organizational goals and objectives are met.
2. Ensuring high quality of due diligence memos, and sound credit recommendations U.S. SBA 504 and CA loans.
3. Managing the relationship with U.S. SBA lender service providers.
4. Ensuring that all U.S. SBA Loans (for 504 and CA programs) are properly closed to protect TAC’s interests.
5. Facilitating/Managing the sales of U.S. SBA CA loans on the secondary market.
6. Overseeing workflow of all underwriting activity of U.S. SBA 504 and CA loans, renewals, increases to existing borrowers, and workouts/restructures.
7. Overseeing U.S. SBA loan portfolio records and systems management.
8. Overseeing/assisting in the timely preparation and submission of 1502 reports and other reports, as required.
9. Performing other duties, as assigned.
This position requires working in an office environment and meeting clients at their place of business or at other public places. The DGL must have access to private transportation to perform daily duties. Travel expense reimbursement will be provided.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7 – 10 years small business/commercial lending experience, with an emphasis on government sponsored loan programs, such as the SBA 504 Program or the SBA 7A Program.
- Experience in nonprofit or small office environment a plus.
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written; bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Strong financial analysis skills, time management and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals and organizations, including but not limited to, residents, community development organizations, public agencies, private developers, funders and lenders.
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position. EOE/ADA Compliant.
- Clear ability to take initiative and think strategically.
- Capacity to work independently with minimum supervision.
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Flexibility in addressing the diverse demands of a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
Job Location: The DGL will work from home, however, must be available to come to TAC’s Wilmington Office, as required for meetings with TAC staff and/or clients.
Hours/Week: 37.5 (exempt employee)
Travel: DGL must have transportation to perform daily tasks.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Personal Days
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance