- Meets TSA airport badge access requirements
- A completed Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited university
- 4+ years of data-centered work experience within the small parcel transportation space or air cargo industry
- Experience managing large capital projects
- Expert in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and MS Project)
- Intermediate in AutoCAD and SQL expertise
- Ability to work with and influence all levels of associates and managers
- 50%-75% travel may be required
**This will be a virtual role but candidate must be based in New Jersey/Pennsylvania/Connecticut**
Amazon is seeking an Industrial Engineer with a background in air freight operations. This position requires the ability to plan, organize, implement, and manage capital and process improvement projects. The successful candidate will have an extremely high level of customer focus, passion for process improvement, and have the technical ability to deep dive large quantities of data to derive customer focused solutions. The candidate will be a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
Key responsibilities for the position include
- Evaluating network capacity
- Building short term and long term business specific models
- Planning and designing systems that meet business needs by improving integration of people, materials, equipment, software, and finance
- Recommending and implementing changes to safety procedures, work methods, and labor standards
- Project management from conception to completion for field locations
- Set clear goals and lead a team to directly or indirectly achieve those goals
- Conduct and lead project meetings with Sr. Management
- Assessing and optimizing the processes and equipment used in the facility
- Typical projects could include spearheading a floor layout redesign, evaluating the ergonomic needs and issues within work areas, or conducting a capacity planning and analysis study for peak season.
- Master’s degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience working in air freight operations
- Experience working with and managing third party vendors
- In depth and diverse air freight experience
- Intermediate Tableau expertise
- Demonstrated use of analytical skills to solve engineering problems
- Exposure to Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, transportation/logistics and/or fulfillment/distribution centers is preferred.
Benefits include health care (medical, dental, vision) coverage starting on day 1 as well as 401(k) with company match, holiday/overtime pay and employee discount. Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents prior to, and following, the birth or adoption of a child.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.