McClure is currently searching for a Survey Crew Chief to lead major projects in the Sioux City metro! If you love being the point for key projects and leading a team to success - this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Survey Crew Chief must have past survey team leadership. Additionally, significant long term project experience is preferred. This position maintains constant contact with Project Managers and Engineers to insure the scope of the field work needed is clearly defined and obtained.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform the Crew Chief job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge and full understanding of field staking procedures for land surveying, construction staking, and existing conditions survey;
- Knowledge of the end result of field work as it relates to the finished design and the scope of the projects to limit scope and inform office of additional request;
- Knowledge in all aspects of earthworks, foundation construction, wall construction, site utilities and paving;
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor with all staff.
- Strong ability to multi-task;
- Knowledge of CADD, other Engineering/Technical skills and McClure-Drive Standards;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office knowledge;
- Ability to resolve conflicts that may arise while on survey site;
- Strong understanding and knowledge of civil drawings, construction processes and construction codes;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written or diagram form;
- Ability to read and interpret documents;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
Educational and/or Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- Minimum of five years related experience;
- Ability to obtain a Land Survey Intern or Professional Registration.
McClure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Other forms
- Store Discounts
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Parental leave
- Signing bonus
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous